NCAA Coaching Carousel 2014 Edition

UKMustangFan

Some jobs are starting to come open now that the season is over so figured we could track them all in one thread....

Openings thus far:

Washington State

Auburn - filled with Bruce Pearl

Virginia Tech - Tommy Amaker (Harvard), Chris Mooney (Richmond), Mike Lonergan (George Washington), & Steve Masiello (Manhattan) are leading candidates

Boston College - Tommy Amaker appears to be the front-runner.

Tommy Amaker should stay where he is.

Maybe Brad Stevens could move over to BC, better conference than Butler's A10 or Horizon was, better brand of basketball IMO and he doesn't have to move his family.

Glad Bruce Pearl is back in coaching.

I have nothing for the other 2 jobs.

I expect Ron Wellman to whack Bzdelik at Wake (finally!). Will be an intriguing pool of candidates.

Brad Bates, now the AD at BC, butchered the MBB hire at Miami(O), so I expect him to make this an adventure too.

Whit Babcock, now at VaTech, is INCREDIBLY well liked around the country, expect him to have an impressive pool of candidates.

Interesting....Ben Howland, Andy Kennedy, and Buzz Williams are on the South Florida coaching wish list.

If I'm Kennedy, I take it and run, if the interest is real, before Ole Miss wises up and fires him after another down season next year.

I liked AK at UC. I really did.

That said. He's done next to nothing at Ole Miss. Why would SF want him?

Interesting....Ben Howland, Andy Kennedy, and Buzz Williams are on the South Florida coaching wish list.

Marquette's Buzz Williams? That's awfully ambitious thinking by USF. Under what circumstances do they imagine he'd want to leave Marquette?

The local media and USF fans are throwing around Buzz Williams. USF has no official wish list.

Joey Knight ‏@TBTimes_Bulls 28m

#USF has confirmed it again will retain the firm @EastmanBeaudine to conduct its search for a men's hoops coach.

The Buzz Williams talk was fueled by non-other than Dicky V on a segment this morning on 98.7 The Fan. For what it is worth, his prediction is that Williams will leave Marquette for USF. I know Vital donates to the university (academically) and is a major supporter, but unless he is donating the salary, I don't know where they are going to get the money. Buzz is making 2.8 million a year, right now. .

BTW, the search firm is the same one that "found" the new AD, Mark Harlan and the one that "found" Steve Alford for UCLA.

Harlan is promising a new attitude for USF athletics. Here is his chance to prove it.

As I said in the other thread, Bob Beaudine being involved means 100% certainty one of his guys get the job. Look at his coaching placements over the last 5 years and you can choose this hire.

These firms (Beaudine and Parker in Atlanta) are too powerful now, and always have an agenda (they are either earning future favors or cashing in favors owed to them).

As I said in the other thread, Bob Beaudine being involved means 100% certainty one of his guys get the job. Look at his coaching placements over the last 5 years and you can choose this hire.

These firms (Beaudine and Parker in Atlanta) are too powerful now, and always have an agenda (they are either earning future favors or cashing in favors owed to them).

I remember. Is a list of his clients available?