The most talented Team in the NFL last year

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question has still not been answered. If the Bengals were not all that talented, has Marvin then done a very good job coaching in leading the team to the playoffs in 4 of 5 years? It cannot be both ways.

I never thought it was that difficult to get to the playoffs. It's winning in the playoffs that seems to be his stumbling block, so no he hasn't done a very good job at all IMO. Actually there is no other coach I can think of that has been with the same team as long as Marvin without a single post season win. It's not both ways trust me. We've had 1st year coaches get to the conference championship games, so Marvin getting to the playoffs and getting embarrassed everytime does not impress me.

You think Marvin has done a great job? Look at his record versus teams with a winning record since he's been here. Nothing to write home about.

As I've stated a year ago, there is a difference in being the. Lst talented and the deepest roster. The Bengals had a pretty deep roster, that does. OT translate to being the most talented. If they were the most talented then they would of been one of the best teams in the league, they were far from that.

Talent = Good

I never thought it was that difficult to get to the playoffs. It's winning in the playoffs that seems to be his stumbling block, so no he hasn't done a very good job at all IMO. Actually there is no other coach I can think of that has been with the same team as long as Marvin without a single post season win. It's not both ways trust me. We've had 1st year coaches get to the conference championship games, so Marvin getting to the playoffs and getting embarrassed everytime does not impress me.

You think Marvin has done a great job? Look at his record versus teams with a winning record since he's been here. Nothing to write home about.

Sorry but you cannot play both ends against the center. If the Team is not talented then he's done a good job getting them to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, doesn't lessen things by not winning if they're not talented anyway.

Sorry but you cannot play both ends against the center. If the Team is not talented then he's done a good job getting them to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, doesn't lessen things by not winning if they're not talented anyway.

It was said that the Bengals were THE MOST Talented Team in the entire league last year. Having talent and being the most talented in the entire league are miles apart from eachother and a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference.

I am not playing it both ways. They did not win a single playoff game. There is nothing to play there at all....they stunk in the post season. They didn't have the talent to win plain and simple. Prove me wrong, you can't and why? Because they lost AGAIN.

It was said that the Bengals were THE MOST Talented Team in the entire league last year. Having talent and being the most talented in the entire league are miles apart from eachother and a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference.

I am not playing it both ways. They did not win a single playoff game. There is nothing to play there at all....they stunk in the post season. They didn't have the talent to win plain and simple. Prove me wrong, you can't and why? Because they lost AGAIN.

Talent is an opinion...there is no way to prove it. Can you prove they were the 6th most talented team or 3rd most talented team? How do you quantify that? Same with Coach Lewis, you said he is the worst in the league. No way to prove that also.

Talent is an opinion...there is no way to prove it. Can you prove they were the 6th most talented team or 3rd most talented team? How do you quantify that? Same with Coach Lewis, you said he is the worst in the league. No way to prove that also.

Exactly. It's easy to say you're right when you take your opinion and consider it fact. It's why it's a complete waste of time.

As I've stated a year ago, there is a difference in being the. Lst talented and the deepest roster. The Bengals had a pretty deep roster, that does. OT translate to being the most talented. If they were the most talented then they would of been one of the best teams in the league, they were far from that.

Talent = Good

It is really funny how you have taken a comment and then completely turned it all around. It all started with me saying this is the most talented team since the last Bengals Super Bowl run. I supported that by saying how there were many NFL people who believed the bengals were one of if not the most talented team in the NFL top to bottom. This was to put down your whole the 2005 was more talented, because no one talked about the 2005 team is even being one of the most most talented teams. It was just they have an explosive offense.

As others have stated to you and that you continue to ignore. You keep acting like your opinions are facts and they simply not. I maintain that they were the most talented Bengals teams since the last Bengals super bowl runs, and definitely was one of the most talented rosters top to bottom in the NFL because a TEAM does include the backups not just the starters.

For a team with the worst coach in the league as you say, the worst QB or one of the worst as you say, and all the injuries they had this year. Their roster must have been pretty talented to overcome those things to even make the playoffs. Or else they would have been like the Browns.

Your opinion is just that an opinion. Just like in the end it is just my opinion too and I like how you have twisted my original argument around and now only talk about the most talented team this year and not the original argument of yours against mine that the 2005 team was more talented than last year. However once again it will just be opinions again, so I guess no need to even get into that. So basically there is no point, hence the reason why I have moved on to just talking about this off season.

Exactly. It's easy to say you're right when you take your opinion and consider it fact. It's why it's a complete waste of time.

Agreed and that is why I moved away from it, until I was brought in it during a college basketball thread haha.

However as you said it is just opinions, and mine is just an opinion too. So it is really pointless to continue.

Lewis has the most losses out of any HC in the league

Lewis also has 0 playoff wins in his entire HC career

don't let facts get in the way

Lewis has the most losses out of any HC in the league

Lewis also has 0 playoff wins in his entire HC career

don't let facts get in the way

He has also is the 2nd most tenured coach and one of a few coaches to have been to playoffs 3 years in a row and 4 of the last 5. Sounds like a great coach.

Don't let facts get in your way.

Again, you are stating opinion just like I did. You can quantify it all you want but it is still an opinion. And for the record, I think Marvin is a terrible coach and should have been fired. But I also don't think he is the worst coach in the league. I don't think the Bengals are the most talented team either but again, no way to quantify what either of us are saying. It's an OPINION!