Lexington Catholic 2014

Knights

Watched the Spring Game. Jaylen Jones is going to have a huge year, he has incredible balance. JJ Ogbogu had a very long touchdown catch with most of the yards coming after the catch and a couple other nice long catches. Davis Rowady and Chase Bowling were guys who I thought stood out on the defensive side. Knights had a decent amount of players who I think will contribute out but looked good nonetheless. Need to have a good summer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the Spring Game. Jaylen Jones is going to have a huge year, he has incredible balance. JJ Ogbogu had a very long touchdown catch with most of the yards coming after the catch and a couple other nice long catches. Davis Rowady and Chase Bowling were guys who I thought stood out on the defensive side. Knights had a decent amount of players who I think will contribute out but looked good nonetheless. Need to have a good summer.

How did Jordan Hatton look?

I think Hatton will have a good year. I also liked the way a couple of newcomers kinda of stood out at the Spring Scrimmage. Running Back #5 (last name starts with a B but can't pronounce it.). I thought he ran hard and with a purpose. On defense I thought #77 looked pretty good. I think Crawley is last name. Very dependable on D-Line rotation. More players coming back from baseball and lacrosse. Should have solid team with quality depth.

I did not make it to the spring game. Can anyone tell me how the O-line and D- line do? I remember last season that was the issue because they did not have enough bodies to rotate. And from what I heard this season, they have plenty and healthy linemen to rotate. Praying that no major casualty from the spring game and hope eveyone came out not too banged up. Special season coming up for Lex Cath. I truely believe they can make some noise, beside the 3 straight year in the state semi's. Of coure FT Highlands will consistanly will have a special ball club and a BIG task for anyone in the 4A.

I did not make it to the spring game. Can anyone tell me how the O-line and D- line do? I remember last season that was the issue because they did not have enough bodies to rotate. And from what I heard this season, they have plenty and healthy linemen to rotate. Praying that no major casualty from the spring game and hope eveyone came out not too banged up. Special season coming up for Lex Cath. I truely believe they can make some noise, beside the 3 straight year in the state semi's. Of coure FT Highlands will consistanly will have a special ball club and a BIG task for anyone in the 4A.

I saw the Spring Game and I like the Knights chances against everyone in 4A. The defense was flying to the football, the QB & WR's can move the chains, the running game was effective, and kids were having fun. I really think that this group is embracing the new scheme and the new ways the head coach is doing things. Go Knights

Dominic Castlen returns at Left Tackle, Colin Carpenter returns at Right Tackle, and Noah Turbidy returns at Right Guard. With Bailey that's 4 returning starters.

Marty Brown and Chase Bowling rotated at Left Guard last season but Brown graduated and Bowling is expected to lead the defense at Linebacker this season so I would think that they would be looking for someone to step up so they wouldn't have to do that this year.

We seem to hear alot about Bailey, but the rest of the returning o-line deserves some mention.

Dominic Castlen, rising senior

Dom's a big strong kid who can play both offensive and defensive line. He plays with good aggression and is very coachable. He continues to come into his own with more and more experience.

Hudl

Noah Tubridy, rising junior

Noah's an undersized but gritty kid who can play both guard and center. Very good technician and was named outstanding freshman (along with Andy Hickey) 2 years ago.

Hudl

Colin Carpenter, rising junior

Colin is another big strong kid and like Castlen saw time on both sides of the ball. He's agressive with good technique and drive. Named as Honorable Mention on the Herald Leader All City Team last year.

Hudl

We seem to hear alot about Bailey, but the rest of the returning o-line deserves some mention.

Dominic Castlen, rising senior

Dom's a big strong kid who can play both offensive and defensive line. He plays with good aggression and is very coachable. He continues to come into his own with more and more experience.

Hudl

Noah Tubridy, rising junior

Noah's an undersized but gritty kid who can play both guard and center. Very good technician and was named outstanding freshman (along with Andy Hickey) 2 years ago.

Hudl

Colin Carpenter, rising junior

Colin is another big strong kid and like Castlen saw time on both sides of the ball. He's agressive with good technique and drive. Named as Honorable Mention on the Herald Leader All City Team last year.

Hudl

All are very good players. I would not be surprised to see most if not all these boys playing at the next level.

All are very good players. I would not be surprised to see most if not all these boys playing at the next level.

Watching from last season, those boys are huge and definitely have the potential to play on the next level. Not to mention I'm sure they are bigger and stronger for the upcoming season. Wondering who would fill in one of the O-Line/ guard since M. Brown graduated.

• 1 month later...

I maybe bias just because I'm a LexCath fan, but this upcoming season will be a great one for the Knights. More experience and better depth on the line. Deeper and more choices at the receiver position and the beast Jaylen Jones and Carter Gray at RB. Ryan returns at the QB spot and return/ experience at the LB with tons of talented JV players that saw tons of playing time last season.