9th Region Tourney Picks

All right, BGP gang, we've seen all the teams play and this will be the year when the worst ever records will assemble in one gym for the 9th region tourney at Ryle. Let's pick our Final 8 and indicate their projected record after the district championships are played out. Indicate district and your choice as first or second place representative.

33: 1) Ryle 13-15 2)St. Hank 14-14 Ryle and St. Henry advance with very close wins vs. Boone Co. and Conner. The Raiders win a nail-biter to avenge a close regular season loss to the Cru. I see very close games other than the Conner over Heritage blow out. Boone and Conner have excellent opportunities to join in the fun.

34: 1) Dixie Hts 12-16 2) Ludlow 13-13 The Big Ziggers sneak in by virtue of defeating the depleted Juggs in round one. The Red Colonels enjoy a cakewalk to the championship and they enter region play with 5 straight wins and lots of confidence. These will be lopsided games.

35: 1) CovCath 21-6 2)Holmes 19-8 Holy Colonels defeat Holy Cross in an incredible game at the Community and HC bows out as one of the top teams in the state not making the region. Holmes rallies to beat Beechwood in spite of Michael Romes' big game. CovCath also handles the Dawgs in the championship game by at least 8 points.

36: 1) Highlands 22-7 2)NewCath 15-13 Highlands regroups after a tough finish and they dominate the 36th tourney. NewCath's championship athletes gain revenge for the regular season loss and pull out a very close win by a few points against the Cats. Birds win by 10+ in the championship.

Good luck to all teams!

All right, BGP gang, we've seen all the teams play and this will be the year when the worst ever records will assemble in one gym for the 9th region tourney at Ryle. Let's pick our Final 8 and indicate their projected record after the district championships are played out. Indicate district and your choice as first or second place representative.

33: 1) Ryle 13-15 2)St. Hank 14-14 Ryle and St. Henry advance with very close wins vs. Boone Co. and Conner. The Raiders win a nail-biter to avenge a close regular season loss to the Cru. I see very close games other than the Conner over Heritage blow out. Boone and Conner have excellent opportunities to join in the fun.

34: 1) Dixie Hts 12-16 2) Ludlow 13-13

The Big Ziggers
sneak in by virtue of defeating the depleted Juggs in round one. The Red Colonels enjoy a cakewalk to the championship and they enter region play with 5 straight wins and lots of confidence. These will be lopsided games.

35: 1) CovCath 21-6 2)Holmes 19-8 Holy Colonels defeat Holy Cross in an incredible game at the Community and HC bows out as one of the top teams in the state not making the region. Holmes rallies to beat Beechwood in spite of Michael Romes' big game. CovCath also handles the Dawgs in the championship game by at least 8 points.

36: 1) Highlands 22-7 2)NewCath 15-13 Highlands regroups after a tough finish and they dominate the 36th tourney. NewCath's championship athletes gain revenge for the regular season loss and pull out a very close win by a few points against the Cats. Birds win by 10+ in the championship.

Good luck to all teams!

:thumb: The Big Ziggers, very good, sort of has a nice ring to it.. You say the PANTHERS sneak in and I'll go out on a limb and say that the Panthers will advance to the Regional as District Champs. It will be Ludlows inside game (Penick and Hardin) that opens up the outside shooting of Chase King and the Panthers prevail over Dixies outside shooters to win the Title. :ylsuper:

Lets not crown Covcath as the 35 district Champs just yet. If they can beat Holmes then we will, but I still think that Holmes can beat CCH without Rice and we will find out real soon. If this game happens the final score will be a three point win going to either team. I still think that 3 of the teams that could win the region reside in the 35. And the other two are also in the same district (NCC or Highlands).

Raiderbback great job except that Boone County is going to win the 33rd!

I hope you are wrong, of course. Boone certainly has had two impressive wins down the stretch. We have beaten them soundly twice and know that Boone is really going to come after us hard. I look for a very close game that could go either way.

Lets not crown Covcath as the 35 district Champs just yet. If they can beat Holmes then we will, but I still think that Holmes can beat CCH without Rice and we will find out real soon. If this game happens the final score will be a three point win going to either team. I still think that 3 of the teams that could win the region reside in the 35. And the other two are also in the same district (NCC or Highlands).

I don't think that Holmes could beat CCH without Rice unless they make some big changes soon. You can't cite the Conner game because CCH beat the Cougars big also, without Tierney, back when CCH wasn't playing too well anyways.

Also I know that Henderson got injured during the Boone game, is he back to 100%?

so, you're some kind of genius, is that it?

If you disagree with a poster's opinions, please feel free to post your own. I don't think he intimated he was a genius of any sort, he gave an opinion. That is what this site is about -- posting opinions. Please feel free to give your own, and leave the personal attacks out of it.

Thanks.