Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wichita State

Featured Replies

Kansas, Nova, Cuse, and Wisconsin have all lost at home this season. That's reason enough for me to put the Shockers as a #1 ahead of them. Nova's been blown out twice. #1 seeds don't get blown out, much less at home. Wisconsin has lost at home to a team that's going to struggle to make the postseason of any kind. They're out. Syracuse lost to a team that had won 6 total games, and they did it at home. Kansas has not only lost at home, they've lost 6 games this year. #1 seeds don't belong to teams that have that many losses, especially not over undefeated teams. Duke is in the same boat. 6 losses.

 

So I'll give you Arizona and Florida. Shockers deserve it above the rest.

 

You lost me with a #1 seed can't lose at home.

 

That logic tells me it's not about the totality of your season.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's get out of the theoretical and use real teams.

 

As of today my the teams I'd have as potential #1 before Wichita:

 

KU

Arizona

Duke

Florida

Wisconsin

Syracuse

Villanova

 

 

Tell me why I'm wrong.

 

Villanova? They got spanked 2 times by Creighton

Villanova? They got spanked 2 times by Creighton

 

Which means I should also include Creighton ahead of WSU.

 

Nova beat Kansas (#1 RPI on ESPN RPI).

4 Top 50 Ws (WSU has 2 )

Nova SOS is 34.

Nova RPI is 4.

Villanova? They got spanked 2 times by Creighton

 

So you don't have Nova ahead of WSU. Cool.

 

That leaves 6 others I listed plus I'll put Creighton in there.

 

Tell me where I'm wrong.

So you don't have Nova ahead of WSU. Cool.

 

That leaves 6 others I listed plus I'll put Creighton in there.

 

Tell me where I'm wrong.

 

I'm not sure if they are all above the Shockers. At the minimum they are listed with those teams.

 

I don't have Wisconsin in that elite group. Kansas is talented but 6 losses is a lot.

 

I would have Florida, Arizona, and Syracuse as #1 seeds but the other is up for grabs and don't see why the Shockers couldn't get it. They proved last year they can play with the big boys.

I'm not sure if they are all above the Shockers. At the minimum they are listed with those teams.

 

I don't have Wisconsin in that elite group. Kansas is talented but 6 losses is a lot.

 

I would have Florida, Arizona, and Syracuse as #1 seeds but the other is up for grabs and don't see why the Shockers couldn't get it. They proved last year they can play with the big boys.

 

"6 losses is a lot" is exactly my point about WSU. We're putting them as a "definite 1" because they haven't lost. We then admit they haven't played a tough schedule yet we can't get off that "they haven't lost."

 

They don't go undefeated playing a tough schedule. You have to take their schedule into account. KU has the #1 SOS in the country and yet by focusing on the # of Ls as compared to WSU we're completely saying schedules don't matter. It's incongruent.

 

Their resume simply doesn't stack up against the teams I listed.

 

But it's a great story.

KU has 12 top 50 RPI wins. WSU has 2.

KU has 16 top 100 RPI wins. WSU has 6.

 

KU #1 SOS. WSU 113.

 

WSU has played a grand total of SIX RPI top 100 teams. KU has played 22.

"6 losses is a lot" is exactly my point about WSU. We're putting them as a "definite 1" because they haven't lost. We then admit they haven't played a tough schedule yet we can't get off that "they haven't lost."

 

They don't go undefeated playing a tough schedule. You have to take their schedule into account. KU has the #1 SOS in the country and yet by focusing on the # of Ls as compared to WSU we're completely saying schedules don't matter. It's incongruent.

 

Their resume simply doesn't stack up against the teams I listed.

 

But it's a great story.

 

I never said they were a definite 1 but should be in the discussion.

I never said they were a definite 1 but should be in the discussion.

 

You've given me 3 teams. Who's your 4th?

You've given me 3 teams. Who's your 4th?

 

 

I don't have it yet. Wichita state is in the discussion along with Kansas. I think Louisville should be in the hunt as well.

Short memory. Remember Gonzaga was a 1 seed last season and they had a loss to their resume. The problem is not what the Shockers have done, it is that the others in consideration are not strikingly ahead of them.

Boys, you get to play selection committee. I've proposed all of the teams that I think should be considered. Other than Swee16 all I get is "they should be a 1 seed " or "they're #1."

 

Sell their resume.

Boys, you get to play selection committee. I've proposed all of the teams that I think should be considered. Other than Swee16 all I get is "they should be a 1 seed " or "they're #1."

 

Sell their resume.

 

You want to add Virginia to that list of possible #1s

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.