Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wichita State

Featured Replies

If they go undefeated in the regular season (one game left) and win their conference tournament or lose a game in their conference tournament (barring they win the final regular season game), do they get a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament? Shockers are currently 30-0, Some of their wins came against, Tennessee, Alabama, Davidson, Drake (twice), Bradley (Twice), Oral Roberts, BYU, St. Louis. Their win against Alabama, was @ Alabama.

 

Discuss...

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Without question.

 

Their two best wins are vs. BYU (I believe a neutral site game), and @St. Louis.

  • Author
Overall #1?

 

If they run the table I can see them getting the #1 overall seed. I'm just going with a 1 seed, whether it's the overall 1 seed or not

Can't remember was St. Joes a #1 overall a few years back?

Kind of a similar situation in my eyes.

ESPN show the other day the guy didn't have them getting a #1 seed at all. Wasn't impressed with their schedule to put it mildly.

Can't remember was St. Joes a #1 overall a few years back?

Kind of a similar situation in my eyes.

 

Yeah, 2004. Really talented team that fell just short in the Elite 8.

I hope they get a #2 seed and play with a chip on their shoulder.

 

They are good. They made the Final Four last year and have the team to do it again.

I struggle with this. I find it hard to fathom that a team with their schedule can get a #1 seed.

 

Do we not take that into consideration? Or is it simply "hey they did something that's rare so ..."

I struggle with this. I find it hard to fathom that a team with their schedule can get a #1 seed.

 

Do we not take that into consideration? Or is it simply "hey they did something that's rare so ..."

 

I agree somewhat but I know we are supposed to look at this year only but I have to consider last year as well. This is a good team. They may not make it to the Final Four and if they don't a lot will say "I told you so". But a lot of good teams don't make it there.

I struggle with this. I find it hard to fathom that a team with their schedule can get a #1 seed.

 

Do we not take that into consideration? Or is it simply "hey they did something that's rare so ..."

 

 

You can't penalize a school for scheduling when the top teams won't play them.

 

They have a win @ St. Louis, wins over other tournament teams (assumedly) in Tennessee and BYU. They went out and scheduled games against 2 BCS conference teams, and two very good "mid-majors" OOC. It's not their fault the conference shift blew up their schedule and 2 dates with Creighton. It's not their fault that Tennessee and Bama are significantly down from what everyone expected.

 

They haven't simply done something that's rare, they've done something that no team has ever done before. Even if they lose in the conference tournament, they still deserve a #1 seed.

I struggle with this. I find it hard to fathom that a team with their schedule can get a #1 seed.

 

Do we not take that into consideration? Or is it simply "hey they did something that's rare so ..."

 

It's about finding the four best teams -- or at least it should be -- regardless of schedule. This isn't football (thank Christ) and whether or not someone is a one seed has very little bearing on whether or not they'll win a national title. Wichita State has proven themselves plenty. They won at St. Louis, which has to be one of the most impressive road wins anyone has this season. And those same Billikens showed just how hard it is to go unbeaten in any league when they lost to Duquesne, one of the walking disasters of the A-10.

 

Wichita State is absolutely deserving of a one seed if they go unbeaten. It's a fantastic accomplishment.

 

And they play in the Missouri Valley, which even without Creighton... it's not like they're unbeaten in the SWAC here...

I agree somewhat but I know we are supposed to look at this year only but I have to consider last year as well. This is a good team. They may not make it to the Final Four and if they don't a lot will say "I told you so". But a lot of good teams don't make it there.

 

Saw the numbers earlier today. 47 of the 104 one-seeds in the 64-team-tournament era have made the Final Four.

Saw the numbers earlier today. 47 of the 104 one-seeds in the 64-team-tournament era have made the Final Four.

 

45%

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.