Bracken County/Augusta - 2/27 (39th District Finals)

Crawford and the Polar Bears vs. Bach and the Panthers  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Crawford and the Polar Bears vs. Bach and the Panthers

• Bracken County (14-14)
    • Augusta (18-11)

Who ya got and why? Bracken has win five straight. And Augusta has won five of its last six. Both played hard fought first round games with Augusta going overtime to beat Mason.

This is the third time these teams will have played each other. Augusta is 2-0 over Bracken this season thier first game came down to the buzzer and the second was an 11pt panther win.

I am taking Bracken at home by 5. The Mason game took a lot of energy for Augusta to win. And I think that will factor in somewhat. Throw the records out when these two tangle cause it's always a close contest. Always play each other tough.

Augusta won the first game at Brooksville back in December on a Bach buzzer beater (69-67). Camryn Snapp was awesome that game, scoring 26 points. Bach had 22. Austin Crawford & Nate Haight both had 20 for Bracken. Haight hit the late 3 that tied it at 67 before Bach's last second heroics.

Augusta won 82-69 two weeks ago in the Panthers Den. Bach had 31, but Clay Gray had a career game, going for 26. Crawford had 25 for Bracken, Ryan May 17, & Haight 15.

My heart says Bracken; my head says Augusta.

60-55.

I remember Augusta knocked off Mason last year then struggled to beat Bracken in the championship game two nights later. Augusta has to remember the district championship is tomorrow night, not last night. And of course Bracken County has to feel good about their chances, having won five straight, played close with Augusta both times earlier, and avoiding Mason County for a district championship.

I remember Augusta knocked off Mason last year then struggled to beat Bracken in the championship game two nights later. Augusta has to remember the district championship is tomorrow night, not last night. And of course Bracken County has to feel good about their chances, having won five straight, played close with Augusta both times earlier, and avoiding Mason County for a district championship.

Pretty well spot-on. Last year's District Finals game was a thriller--one that Bracken County controlled for the entire 1st half. Augusta took its first lead in the 3rd quarter. Game was sort of back & forth from there, but Bracken was up by 2 when Connor Maddox hit a 3 with 40 seconds left that gave Augusta a 1 point lead & they never relinquished that lead.

Bracken needs Haight to have a nice game & he typically performs well against Augusta. And if Augusta brings pressure, the Polar Bears have to avoid turnovers.

For Augusta, it's exactly what you said: this is the District championship game. Can't come out flat.

How this game is called will be key for both teams. Neither squad is deep & they both rely on 2 or 3 players to do the bulk of the scoring.

I also expect a bigger crowd than what was at The Igloo last night. And that's a scary thought.

I'm hoping that Bracken faithful come out in force and fill our side of the igloo.

As for the game I'm looking for a very close game similar to last yrs. Augusta was in an all out dog fight last night and gotta wonder how prepared physically they will be. A game like that takes a lot out of a team. Especially one lacking of a deep bench. Thier main three were in the entire game OT included, if memory serves. I know Coach Hinson will have a game plan in place. But we got the extra days rest that's has to benifit is somewhat.

I'm predicting.............

Wait for it.............

Bracken 56

Augusta 51

There you have it. I think I posted somewhere 55-50 Bracken. But that's another thread. I reserve the right to change the score on this thread :lol2:

How this game is called will be key for both teams. Neither squad is deep & they both rely on 2 or 3 players to do the bulk of the scoring.

I also expect a bigger crowd than what was at The Igloo last night. And that's a scary thought.

You'll probably have the same crew from Tuesday night. I know we will.

I'll say A-Town by 8. The legacy of Brent Bach continues.