Forecastle Festival 2014

Hangman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought weekend passes for the wife and myself, along with memberships to the Bourbon Lodge for both of us. They were already sold out of Tier 1 weekend passes by 1:00pm, so I had to buy Tier 2 ($20 more a piece).

I'm already excited though!

While I would say that for the amount and quality of music you get, the pass prices really aren't especially bad. But I'm still very glad I won't be paying those rates. :D

I wish I had a better idea of my summer plans so I could go ahead and get in on this. I'll always have a fondness for Bonnaroo, but this Forecastle lineup looks more appealing this year.

I don't really care for summer music festivals (my Scandanavian blood rebels against the deep humidity of July in Kentucky) but this lineup is awesome. I haven't been to Forecastle in years but I may try to make it this year.

I don't really care for summer music festivals (my Scandanavian blood rebels against the deep humidity of July in Kentucky) but this lineup is awesome. I haven't been to Forecastle in years but I may try to make it this year.

You and me both. Last time I went a few years ago heat exhaustion got to me pretty bad early in the day. Had to go to my brother's place and rehydrate for a few hours before heading back down there in time to see Spoon and Flaming Lips.

You and me both. Last time I went a few years ago heat exhaustion got to me pretty bad early in the day. Had to go to my brother's place and rehydrate for a few hours before heading back down there in time to see Spoon and Flaming Lips.

...that's why you pay the money for a pass to get into the AIR CONDITIONED Bourbon Lodge.

• 2 months later...

Anybody take a gander at the schedule for Forecastle?

Forecastle 2014

Saturday I'm going to have a hard time deciding which shows to miss parts of with Jason Isbell starting 15 minutes before Sharon Jones And The Dap-Kings wrap up, and then Band Of Horses starting 15 minutes before Jason Isbell finishes. There's also a more painful 30 minute overlap between the end of the Band Of Horses set and the beginning of Dwight Yoakam's set.

Sunday....ughh....Trampled By Turtles and Sun Kil Moon are playing simultaneously. I hate that. Then there's also a 30 minute overlap between The Replacements set and Ray LaMontagne's set...plus Hayes Carll is playing at the same time as Ray LaMontagne. Also a 15 minute overlap for the end of Ray Lamontagne's set and the beginning of Beck's.

Decisions decisions decisions.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like I'm in. Now to get in proper physical condition for that miserable heat …

That's why you spend the $25 on the Bourbon Lodge pass - although I'm not sure whether or not they are still selling them. Gets you into the air-conditioned Bourbon Lodge tent without having to have a drink ticket in hand.