Forecastle Festival 2014

Hangman

The lineup is set to be announced on March 4th. Anyone heard any rumors yet for this Louisville festival?

I've heard Outkast, Beck, and Jason Isbell tossed around so far but I don't know if any of that is confirmed.

Depending on the lineup, I may be making my first appearance at this festival.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lineup is set to be announced on March 4th. Anyone heard any rumors yet for this Louisville festival?

I've heard Outkast, Beck, and Jason Isbell tossed around so far but I don't know if any of that is confirmed.

Depending on the lineup, I may be making my first appearance at this festival.

Sounds like you're hearing the same rumors as I am. I'm planning on going if it's anything near as good as last year. Look me up if you go, by the way. I'm living in Louisville these days.

Sounds like you're hearing the same rumors as I am. I'm planning on going if it's anything near as good as last year. Look me up if you go, by the way. I'm living in Louisville these days.

Sounds good.

Last year's lineup would've been so perfect for me. I'm a big fan of The Avett Brothers, Dawes, Alabama Shakes, Jim James, and Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. I wish I could remember why I didn't go. My wife and I have discussed it and we are drawing blanks.

This year likely can't replicate that for us, but my wife has wanted to see Outkast for years and I'm a pretty big Jason Isbell guy so that in itself could potentially be enough to get me there.

When is this? Is it the same weekend as Bunbury again?

Bunbury just released their lineup and the headliners are underwhelming. I've heard good things about the rest of the bands, but, I wouldn't expect to know 85% of the bands anyway.

Forecastle is July 18-20, and Bunbury is July 11-13, so they aren't competing with each other. Unfortunately Pitchfork Music Festival is the same weekend as Forecastle though....so it's still got some competition there.

Forecastle is July 18-20, and Bunbury is July 11-13, so they aren't competing with each other. Unfortunately Pitchfork Music Festival is the same weekend as Forecastle though....so it's still got some competition there.

Pitchfork? Are you talking about the Country concert? I thought it was called "Buckled Up"

Oddly enough, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert & Tyler Farr are playing at GABP on the Sat night of Buckled Up. Poor planning...

Pitchfork? Are you talking about the Country concert? I thought it was called "Buckled Up"

Oddly enough, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert & Tyler Farr are playing at GABP on the Sat night of Buckled Up. Poor planning...

Hipsters everywhere would hate you for this post :lol2:

It's a music festival in Chicago put on by Pitchfork Media. They're an indie music critic (among other things). Pitchfork Music Festival Chicago 2014

I doubt very seriously there's a lot of people debating Forecastle and whatever you're talking about. Very few people who would go to Forecastle would even consider going to a Jason Aldean show. Those audiences don't tend to mix.

I doubt very seriously there's a lot of people debating Forecastle and whatever you're talking about. Very few people who would go to Forecastle would even consider going to a Jason Aldean show. Those audiences don't tend to mix.

I know, I was referring to Buckled Up which is the Country Music equivalent to Bunbury in Cincinnati.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Bunbury & Forecastle were the same weekend last year.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Bunbury & Forecastle were the same weekend last year.

Yeah, they were the same weekend for the last two years. The first year (2012) Bunbury took the only full weekend available at Sawyer Point, which happened to be the same weekend as Forecastle. Rumor has it that really ticked off the Forecastle promoters, particularly seeing as the Forecastle folks had been pretty public about their financial situation not being so great surrounding the 2010 and 2011 festivals. They felt like they were being intentionally snubbed by the Bunbury gang. So then when it came to dates for last year, there was no love between Forecastle and Bunbury when it came to scheduling dates, and they fell on the same weekend once again.

As I understand it, last year Forecastle put a non-compete clause of sorts into their contracts with the bigger acts coming to their festival so they would agree not to play a show within like a 200 mile radius within a two week window before or after their festival. That way there wouldn't be much risk of their large-drawing acts trying to do things like play on Friday at Bunbury and then on Sunday at Forecastle, vice versa, or anything like that. Keeps the level of interest for their show higher.

Came across a discussion of rumors for the Forecastle lineup (which drops this upcoming Tuesday). Not too shabby at all. Beats the pants off of Bunbury.

OutKast

Mount Moriah

Jason Isbell

Riff Raff

Drew Holcomb

Trampled By Turtles

The Weeks

Dwight Yoakam

Jenny Lewis

Blue Sky Black Death

Nickel Creek

Black Lips