10th Region Tournament

As we all know district tournamant play starts in a couple weeks. For those teams that are in districts with the dreaded blind draw they already know when and who they are playing. So im asking who makes and why. Yeah i know we will not know who plays who in the regional at this time, but its still always fun to predict who comes outta of each district to play in the regional and also who goes to lexington. Look foward to seeing everyones predictions!:thumb:

I will post mine as well after some thought :popcorn:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37th Campbell-runner up/ Bishop Brosarrt-District champ. Toss up game should be a dandy!! I believe they seed this district and these are the best two teams in it. Would be shocked to see any other teams besides these two in the district championship game.

38th Robertson-runner up/ Harrison-district champ. RC playing good ball at right time (alredy beat NC this season) but dont have the weapons to beat Harrison. PC is in a down year just dont think they can pull off the upset.

39th Bracken-runner up/ Mason-district champ. Bracken avenges thieir loos ealier in the month to St. Pat but Mason cruises to victory. I think the game against Augusta will be closer than most think but Mason still wins.

40th Paris-runner up/ Montgomery-district champ. Honestly dont know much about the 40th except MoCo is a superb team and Paris is the second best team record wise. Seen Paris couple times and they have a nice team.

With out knowing the pairing for the region Iwould have to say its MoCo to loose but wouldn't be surprised to see Mason or BB going to Lexington. Possibilly Campbell eithier.

37th Campbell-runner up/ Bishop Brosarrt-District champ. Toss up game should be a dandy!! I believe they seed this district and these are the best two teams in it. Would be shocked to see any other teams besides these two in the district championship game.

38th Robertson-runner up/ Harrison-district champ. RC playing good ball at right time (alredy beat NC this season) but dont have the weapons to beat Harrison. PC is in a down year just dont think they can pull off the upset.

39th Bracken-runner up/ Mason-district champ. Bracken avenges thieir loos ealier in the month to St. Pat but Mason cruises to victory. I think the game against Augusta will be closer than most think but Mason still wins.

40th Paris-runner up/ Montgomery-district champ. Honestly dont know much about the 40th except MoCo is a superb team and Paris is the second best team record wise. Seen Paris couple times and they have a nice team.

With out knowing the pairing for the region Iwould have to say its MoCo to loose but wouldn't be surprised to see Mason or BB going to Lexington. Possibilly Campbell eithier.

I can tell you don't much about the 40th....:lol2: lets just say you can't always go by a teams record.

A. Watch out if Scott gets hot. They just thumped Conner by 15 the other night. Not saying that they will come out of the district but they could make BB or CC sweat.

2. Harrison will cruise; runnerup spot is a tossup. Pendleton's record is deceiving - they've been in a BUNCH of games they just couldn't close out.

D. Clark County will come out of the 40th with MoCo.

A. Watch out if Scott gets hot. They just thumped Conner by 15 the other night. Not saying that they will come out of the district but they could make BB or CC sweat.

2. Harrison will cruise; runnerup spot is a tossup. Pendleton's record is deceiving - they've been in a BUNCH of games they just couldn't close out.D. Clark County will come out of the 40th with MoCo.

Four last-minute leads lost at home. Thanks for the reminder.

37th- Brossart Champion/Campbell runner-up

38th-Harrison Champion/ Robertson runner-up

39th- Mason Champion/ Bracken runner-up

40th- Montgomery Champion/ Clark runner-up

One of those district champs has to play Campbell Co. or Clark co. Two tough first round matchups.

Four last-minute leads lost at home. Thanks for the reminder.

37th- Brossart Champion/Campbell runner-up

38th-Harrison Champion/ Robertson runner-up

39th- Mason Champion/ Bracken runner-up

40th- Montgomery Champion/ Clark runner-up

One of those district champs has to play Campbell Co. or Clark co. Two tough first round matchups.

I think Robertson's bubble may burst here, going with Nicholas County

I can tell you don't much about the 40th....:lol2: lets just say you can't always go by a teams record.

You are correct! In my defense i was up front in admitting my knowledge (or lack there of) in that district. What i know is what i read on here. Ive have seen Paris twice this year. I like their team and i think they have a good coach. Early season struggles but played well of late. Alot of factors i dont know about could play in.

Is the 40th a blind draw or seeded?

If a blind draw is used MoCo could play Clark in the first round therfore barring a major upset Clark would be out.

If seeded the Paris and Clark would play and Clark has beatin them early in the season. But i believe these teams are not the same teams they were at the start of season.

Both have lost to Mason Co. by 11, and MoCo beat both teams, Paris by 16 and GRC by 10 and 5, if I was to look at common opponents that are "top dogs" in the tenth. Id say it would be a toss up that i give the edge to Paris.

At the end of the day best of luck to all teams!! And these are my predictions and nothing more. Its all for good fun and healthy debate. :thumb:

Edited by polarbear98
spelling

I think Robertson's bubble may burst here, going with Nicholas County

It'll be a good game for sure. Robertson has won 9 of 10, and Nicholas has been wildly inconsistent.

They split the season series 1-1. Nicholas won at home on Dec 20, 59-53, and Robertson won 50-45 in the All-A Classic.

You are correct! In my defense i was up front in admitting my knowledge (or lack there of) in that district. What i know is what i read on here. Ive have seen Paris twice this year. I like their team and i think they have a good coach. Early season struggles but played well of late. Alot of factors i dont know about could play in.

Is the 40th a blind draw or seeded?

If a blind draw is used MoCo could play Clark in the first round therfore barring a major upset Clark would be out.

If seeded the Paris and Clark would play and Clark has beatin them early in the season. But i believe these teams are not the same teams they were at the start of season.

Both have lost to Mason Co. by 11, and MoCo beat both teams, Paris by 16 and GRC by 10 and 5, if I was to look at common opponents that are "top dogs" in the tenth. Id say it would be a toss up that i give the edge to Paris.

At the end of the day best of luck to all teams!! And these are my predictions and nothing more. Its all for good fun and healthy debate. :thumb:

If you get your info from reading here, I suggest you read the 10th region articles. Lots of good info there on teams and players and rankings.

The 40th district seeds. GRC and their record is very deceiving. We are one of the best defensive teams in the region. They have proven they can play with the top teams in the region, just can't pull out the win. I can say this, if GRC makes the regional tourney, no other team will want to play them.

On predictions, I love that you started the thread and we could get some good input on our thoughts as the season winds down.

^defense is a vital tool to have. Would definitly make them a tough out. Best of luck to the Cards!!

GRC's problem is being able to score. It has been all season. If they can correct this , watch out. In the Mason Co game they missed around 5 layups in the 4th quarter....make those and we see a different outcome of the game.

2. Harrison will cruise; runnerup spot is a tossup. Pendleton's record is deceiving - they've been in a BUNCH of games they just couldn't close out.

D. Clark County will come out of the 40th with MoCo.

It is Moco's to lose. No one will touch them IMO.