For the first time since 1996...

PepRock01

If only all the best Louisville teams were not in the same district I would feel really good about this.

Either way, Congrats to Meade County and Scott County.

Rather transparent really.

So teams in the same city should be spread out over each of the four regions, would that be less contrived. T or X should be in the same district with the 6A teams in Lexington, would that make more sense?

I can't believe that anyone except T and X fans didn't think it was contrived that these two could only meet in the finals for several years during one of the alignments in the past. Maybe CovCath and Highlands need to be put in different halves of the state.

While I am disappointed the way my Rocks ended the season, what they have done in the Bob Beatty era is nothing short of remarkable. I look for them to come back next season as strong as ever. I just wish that some more of the in state programs would schedule them. I don't like the 9 game schedule. How about it Bowling Green, Scott County, Simon Kenton, and Highlands to name a few. The fans want it. The kids want it. I wish the adults could get together.

"Go Rocks"

So teams in the same city should be spread out over each of the four regions, would that be less contrived. T or X should be in the same district with the 6A teams in Lexington, would that make more sense?

I can't believe that anyone except T and X fans didn't think it was contrived that these two could only meet in the finals for several years during one of the alignments in the past. Maybe CovCath and Highlands need to be put in different halves of the state.

It is contrived in the sense that these four teams have never all been in the same district. I know to people out in the state a few miles don't make a difference but the way the schools are situated in Jefferson county it is pretty clearly gerrymandered.

There will always be teams from Louisville on both sides of the bracket unless they specifically move all of Louisville to one side which geographically would be even more obvious.

02ram54 did a clear breakdown of why they shouldn't all be in the same district some time ago that makes it more clear.

Either way it doesn't matter because they all had a chance to get it done this year and didn't.

Louisville teams suck :thumb:

This season certainly doesn't give much evidence to the contrary outside of Desales. I hope the bring it home. That school could really use it. One of the smallest enrollments in Louisville. Hopefully a win would help draw more students.