Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central job open?

Featured Replies

I heard today that Chuck Smith to Madison Central is almost a done deal. Even heard salary numbers along with it. Anyone else hearing this?

Per Richmond Register, the name being thrown around the most is Chuck Smith and that he could be the front runner.

 

I've been hearing the same.

I heard today that Chuck Smith to Madison Central is almost a done deal. Even heard salary numbers along with it. Anyone else hearing this?

 

IIRC, there's a connection between Smith and someone in one of the administrative roles at Madison Central. Not that Smith needs help to land a high school gig in the state, but maybe more of a reason explaining the how's and why's of his interest.

  • Author

Madison Central has been to the regional final three times, 1991 under Mike Elkin (lost to GRC), and 2003 and 2004 under Kenny Turner (lost to Dunbar and Scott County). The school has fielded solid teams many years, but has never had much success in playoffs. Football has never been a priority in the school system (basketball is king), and frankly many of the middle school programs are a joke.

 

The superindentant (Elmer Thomas) was the principal at Boyle County for several years, coinciding with Chuch Smith if I recall for a few of those. MC's principal now is Drew Muntz, he may have ties to Boyle as well.

 

Mark Scenters would be an excellent choice. I would rather have Frank Parks or David Hensley (if he would even be interested) over Mike Bowlin.

Madison Central has been to the regional final three times, 1991 under Mike Elkin (lost to GRC), and 2003 and 2004 under Kenny Turner (lost to Dunbar and Scott County). The school has fielded solid teams many years, but has never had much success in playoffs. Football has never been a priority in the school system (basketball is king), and frankly many of the middle school programs are a joke.

 

The superindentant (Elmer Thomas) was the principal at Boyle County for several years, coinciding with Chuch Smith if I recall for a few of those. MC's principal now is Drew Muntz, he may have ties to Boyle as well.

 

Mark Scenters would be an excellent choice. I would rather have Frank Parks or David Hensley (if he would even be interested) over Mike Bowlin.

 

Been told it Chuck Smith or bust. However, Smith to MC doesn't make sense to me from his stand point. Every thing MC is, is not good for Chuck Smith imo. Every Son of bear said reasons why. Football is the red head step child at MC. I don't see Chuck and bball coach working in the same building. Of course, IMO.

 

Mark would be a GREAT choice, but from what I was told he isn't a big enough name.

Hearing something interesting about this job... A name that no one has mentioned and has every tie that MC wants.

Mike Harville ... Maybe?

Coached at North Laurel when school opened. Graduated at MC and has been very successful everywhere he has been.

I'm sorry I can't release at this point but will say this guy isn't currently in the state of KY. He is from KY, played here, coached here etc. Not sure where he stands but have been told he is very much in the running.

I'm sorry I can't release at this point but will say this guy isn't currently in the state of KY. He is from KY, played here, coached here etc. Not sure where he stands but have been told he is very much in the running.

 

Interesting.

I'm almost 100 percent sure it's Coach Harville. You don't have to tell me. I already know.

I'm almost 100 percent sure it's Coach Harville. You don't have to tell me. I already know.

 

Actually, that's not the name I've heard but wouldn't be a bad guess either.

I'm almost 100 percent sure it's Coach Harville. You don't have to tell me. I already know.

 

Does he have Boyle Co ties? I dont know much about him except he has been pretty good everywhere. From what I've gathered Boyle Co ties is part of the search, now it may not matter in the end.

Does he have Boyle Co ties? I dont know much about him except he has been pretty good everywhere. From what I've gathered Boyle Co ties is part of the search, now it may not matter in the end.

 

No ties to Boyle that I am aware of.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.