Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central job open?

Featured Replies

Is it true Bert Browne was fired?

 

Madison Central has a new principal and athletic director.

 

In four years, records were 1-10, 5-6, 7-5, and 2-9 for a combined 15-30 record under Browne.

It's not open yet. The school told Browne today that they were gonna make a change at the head coaching position and gave Browne the opportunity to resign, Browne declined. Browne has strong supporters. A decision by the school could come sometime this week. Browne has not been fired yet. Decision hangs on what the administration wants to do.

 

With the team that Madison Central has coming back next year, I'd say let him stay at least one more year. Madison Central has a chance to make some noise next year.

 

 

It's all over twitter. #keepbrowne

Allstate- not knocking the information but I've been told it's already been done by really good sources...Including a good source on here, BGP, that confirmed last night.

 

So, someone must be wrong. Lol. Guess we have to wait until the official word comes down. Never know 100% in these deals.

 

I for one think Browne should probably get 1 more year but then again, I can see them wanting to change direction of the program to.

Edited by justme2012

Why has Madison Central been so bad in recent years?

Allstate- not knocking the information but I've been told it's already been done by really good sources...Including a good source on here, BGP, that confirmed last night.

 

So, someone must be wrong. Lol. Guess we have to wait until the official word comes down. Never know 100% in these deals.

 

I for one think Browne should probably get 1 more year but then again, I can see them wanting to change direction of the program to.

 

 

Mine came straight from the richmond register, which covers all of Madison County sports (Berea, Madison Southern, Madison Central, Model) and they were the ones that were saying that the school gave Browne the chance to resign and he didn't and that the school is making a decision and it could come sometime this week.

 

 

Richmond Register ‏@RichmondRsports 14h FB: Situation still developing at Central. I can tell you this ... Coach Browne has not been fired. He was asked to step down, but did not

 

 

Expand

 

 

 

 

Richmond Register ‏@RichmondRsports 14h FB: Some players have rallied around coach Browne ... A decision from school administration could come sometime this week

 

 

Expand

This may get ugly.

Per Richmond Register (twitter)....Bert Browne has officially been relieved of his duties as head football coach at Madison Central.

 

 

Where does Central go from here?

Per Richmond Register, the name being thrown around the most is Chuck Smith and that he could be the front runner.

I would almost bet anything that Mike Holcomb at Letcher Central will apply for it. He applied for it the last time it was open. He maybe also pursuing the Whitley County job as well...

I've been told Chuck Smith, Mike Bowlin, Coach Parks at Bryan Station, and a few others.

I've been told Chuck Smith, Mike Bowlin, Coach Parks at Bryan Station, and a few others.

 

Do you care to give the names of the other ones or was there names not mentioned?

Why has Madison Central been so bad in recent years?

 

When has Madison Central ever been really good? Have they ever even won a Regional Championship?

When has Madison Central ever been really good? Have they ever even won a Regional Championship?

 

Back before Cronin left to go to Georgetown, I think they won one.. 94 maybe? Since then, only two region final appearances; one under Raines and one under Kenny Turner (his first year I believe).

I'm gonna throw a name out there that I bet no one thought about......Mark Scenters at Garrard County. Coach Scenters and his family live in Richmond. His wife works at one of the Madison County Schools and their little boy goes to one of the elementary schools in Madison County.

scenters would be excellent choice class guy

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.