Male 59 Ballard 55

So much for that #3 ranking Ballard had in Cantrall. 9 losses just isn't top 10 material.

Totally agree with you. I think they are a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong they got some good ball players but they just don't look like they are motivated to win. Male does look good and looks to be peaking at the right time. They have won there last seven games with wins over Simon Kenton, Manual, St.X, and Ballard. They have Eastern at home on Friday andif they can win that they should have some big momentum going into the postseason.

They looked poor in the Toyota Classic in Georgetown last month. I would have given them a 0% chance to win the 7th region on the heals of that performance.

Did you watch the same team? They lost to a VERY good E'town team by five and then won their next two games by 20 and 35. Male is very talented and coach Crews has them playing his tough style defense. That can be scary because he has a lot more athleticism and talent than he did at DeSales.

With Ballard, I agree they are not a top five team but still one of the best 10-15 teams in the state. The Seventh Region is going to be dynamite. It's the most parity I have ever seen - J'town, Male, Eastern, Fern Creek and Ballard - are the tops - and St. X, Trinity and Manual can sneak up and knock any of those teams off on a given night. It will be fun.

They looked poor in the Toyota Classic in Georgetown last month. I would have given them a 0% chance to win the 7th region on the heals of that performance.

Losing by 5 to, IMO, a top 5 team in the state, is not poor. They went on to crush Simon Kenton and North Oldham. How can you give them a 0% chance to win the 7th. They are like 7-1 in the region and the one loss was by 1 point to J-Town in the first game of the year. IMO they are the favorite as of now, followed by J-Town, Eastern, and Fern Creek.

they got beat by a very good E-Town team but i thought they looked very good crushed Henry Clay

Losing by 5 to, IMO, a top 5 team in the state, is not poor. They went on to crush Simon Kenton and North Oldham. How can you give them a 0% chance to win the 7th. They are like 7-1 in the region and the one loss was by 1 point to J-Town in the first game of the year. IMO they are the favorite as of now, followed by J-Town, Eastern, and Fern Creek.

I was not at all impressed with the Male team I saw in Georgetown this year. I was impressed with the Male team in last year's tournament. That team lost in the finals of the Toyota Classic and then failed to make the Sweet Sixteen.

I was not at all impressed with the Male team I saw in Georgetown this year. I was impressed with the Male team in last year's tournament. That team lost in the finals of the Toyota Classic and then failed to make the Sweet Sixteen.

I don't remember exaclty what teams were in the Toyota Classic last year, but did Male have to play a top 5 team in the state the first game last year? This is somewhat of an inexperienced team. They really only have 2-3 guys on the team this year with varisty experience (Beaumont, Smallwood, Herman). They have only played somewhere around 18 games where most other teams have played 23-26 games this year. The young guys seem to get better as the year goes on.

I'd love to watch the 7th Region tournament ...

It's gonna be exciting. And the good thing is the first round games won't be played at district winner sites, all the region games will be played at the Gardens. Along with the 11th region, it should be the most competitive and fun to watch.