Morgan Co. 62 Fairview 56

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will just have to wait till we know if morgan has the lock on the region. When they go on the road to sandy hook to face Elliott county lions. Can't wait for this one, when is this game? But whenever it is, this gym will be packed and loud.

I do not want Morgan and Elliott to meet in the first game of the district tournament because I think both teams are good and both deserve a slot in the regional tournament. It seems to me that these two teams would represent our region best.

I do not want Morgan and Elliott to meet in the first game of the district tournament because I think both teams are good and both deserve a slot in the regional tournament. It seems to me that these two teams would represent our region best.

Where would these two teams represent our region best at? :confused:

Cougars open the game locking down Fairview for 1 1/2 quarters before the Eagles make a nice run before the half.

Justin Hutchinson was impressive for the Eagles with 21 points. Solid player.

McCowan records 5th career triple double. Haney has crisp 22 point, 6 'bounds. Duffy had 14 big points off the bench and Derrick Young was tough as nails defensively.

What an impressive defensive performance by the Cougars in the first quarter against the Eagles. That is the best defense I have ever seen by a 16th region team in along time. Great coaching by Perry when McCowan got his fouth foul and he went to the 1-3-1 zone. Fairview was unable to get the ball inside to Black to try to pick up McCowan's fifth foul. Questionable call on McCowan's fifth foul late in the fourth quarter. No question that Morgan is the team to beat.

Eagles will have to get more from the inside if they expect to go anywhere in the postseason.

Where would these two teams represent our region best at? :confused:

I meant to say that these two teams would represent our district best but perhaps they would also represent our region best at Rupp Arena.

Black only had 7 tonight and Barker added 12. I will say this. That Barker kid is tough as nails. I love it when a kid absolutely maximizes every inch of ability god has given him. Even if he does play for the competition. :thumb:

I agree with you regarding Barker.He handles the ball great,plays good defense and always gives full effort.

Haney had a great game for Morgan.He is often overlooked because of McCowan.MC played great defense especially the first half.