35th District Tourney and 9th Region Tourney

cshs81

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Cross gym....who had this idea? The last time I went to a game there, it was so crowded and hot. The players were slipping because the floor kept getting moisture on it.

I can't imagine what time fans will need to get there to get in the door for the final game. This gym is not near big enough for these type of games. Heck, some regular season games had standing room only and people turned away.

How is the venue for these tourneys decided?

Holy Cross gym....who had this idea? The last time I went to a game there, it was so crowded and hot. The players were slipping because the floor kept getting moisture on it.

I can't imagine what time fans will need to get there to get in the door for the final game. This gym is not near big enough for these type of games. Heck, some regular season games had standing room only and people turned away.

Rotates. Last year (for 35th) was Holmes, year before that CovCath.

I'm all for rotating the District Tourney from school to school as long as the facilities are up to standard but in the case of the HC gym and the ability to accommodate the type of crowd that they will have I believe they fall short in having the proper facilities and would even question its safety for the players when that thing gets hot and the floor gets wet. Fix or replace it and then host all the tourneys you want..

Sounds like it's time for a Special offering at the Community. It will be a shame for the game on Tuesday with so many people locked out. I can envision a long line prior to the doors opening. Even though I would like to see the game, I defer my possible seat to a true HC/CovCath fan who otherwise might not get to see a great basketball game. CPC will at least be good for the replay. Thanks, GT!

Game is at 7:30. I'm thinking you'll need to be there by 6:30.

Your thinking just might get you a seat, but my guess is if you really want to get a seat, you had better arrive around 6pm....... :D

While I understand why HC wants to host the contest, it really is a bad place to play such a tournament game. Again nothing against HC, and I understand why, but the fans in the Northern Kentucky are getting ripped because of playing at such a small venue......

My guess is that the CovCath Internet Radio network will have one of its largest audience ever for a basketball game. Of course from what I understand, HC also doesn't have high quality phone lines either at their gym, so let’s just hope that the CovCath Internet Radio guys can get out their broadcast out with few if any lapses......

First of all the phone lines are fine. Second they got the exhaust fan fixed, it was broken at the start of the season, the floor shouldn't be a problem. And yes, it is very small, butif it were in a bigger gym don't you think it would take away from the atmosphere, noise, etc...? I'm looking forward to the game, I'll be arriving about 6:45, and I'll have a fine seat. And by the way, no visitors are aloud on the other side behingd the benches, HC fans pay for those seats.

First of all the phone lines are fine. Second they got the exhaust fan fixed, it was broken at the start of the season, the floor shouldn't be a problem. And yes, it is very small, but if it were in a bigger gym don't you think it would take away from the atmosphere, noise, etc...? I'm looking forward to the game, I'll be arriving about 6:45, and I'll have a fine seat. And by the way, no visitors are aloud on the other side behingd the benches,
HC fans pay for those seats.

Sort of a COMUNNITY within a COMMUNNITY I guess you could say. :D .JUst kidding, don't go getting crazy on me. Not sure that all that needs to be fixed in that gym is the exhaust fan. As I've said before I'm all for letting every school take their turn at hosting the district tournament as long as they have the necessary acceptable facilities. IMO at this time HC does not have that type of facility.

First of all the phone lines are fine. Second they got the exhaust fan fixed, it was broken at the start of the season, the floor shouldn't be a problem. And yes, it is very small, butif it were in a bigger gym don't you think it would take away from the atmosphere, noise, etc...? I'm looking forward to the game, I'll be arriving about 6:45, and I'll have a fine seat. And by the way, no visitors are aloud on the other side behingd the benches, HC fans pay for those seats.

1st. The phone line isn't fine. When CovCath Internet Radio did the CovCath vs. HC regular season game they couldn't even accept E-mails and do the game at the same time, due to low quality of the phone line.

2nd. Holy Cross is Hosting this game note the word Hosting. This isn't a Holy Cross home game and HC will have to wear their road uniforms, because they lost the regular season game to CovCath.

3rd. Are you saying that if I arrive at 6:45pm I will get a seat? Yea right, with the game starting at 7:30pm, I really doubt this.

4th. No, I bet whenever the games are moved to NKU and the Bank of Kentucky Arena in a couple of years for the Regions games the atatmosphere, and noise, will be just the same, at least on the CovCath side. Heck, people across the Commonwealt still talk about how they filled Rupp with their cheering, and I am guessing Rupp seats more than the Holy Cross gym does. :D

1st. The phone line isn't fine. When CovCath Internet Radio did the CovCath vs. HC regular season game they couldn't even accept E-mails and do the game at the same time, due to low quality of the phone line.

2nd. Holy Cross is Hosting this game note the word Hosting. This isn't a Holy Cross home game and HC will have to wear their road uniforms, because they lost the regular season game to CovCath.

3rd. Are you saying that if I arrive at 6:45pm I will get a seat? Yea right, with the game starting at 7:30pm, I really doubt this.

4th. No, I bet whenever the games are moved to NKU and the Bank of Kentucky Arena in a couple of years for the Regions games the atatmosphere, and noise, will be just the same, at least on the CovCath side. Heck, people across the Commonwealt still talk about how they filled Rupp with their cheering, and I am guessing Rupp seats more than the Holy Cross gym does. :D

In all seriousness, since HC is the away team, do CovCath fans get the seats behind the bench?

At Holy Cross, we don't have much to work with . The building was very poorly designed, the away locker room seems smaller because of the four poles in the middle. Also, with the slippery floor and amazingly warm gym, there is very little ventilation in there, and with all of the sweating players and fans, the water in the air condenses on the floor (HC vs. Brossart). HC is trying their best to fix the problem. Another problem is that there is no handicap access to the gym, there is to the lobby, but not to the gym. The list goes on and on...

You know HCIndians00; your above statement from another thread is about the best reason that HC shouldn't be hosting the 35th District Tournament. Not having handicap access in this day and age and hosting the District games shouldn't be allowed. Far too many Handicapped adults/children love attending basketball games and if HC doesn't have access to them, then Holy Cross shouldn't be allowed to host.

As far as my other posts on this thread, I was just having fun, but on this subject, I am not joking around, as I work with the Handicap. It isn't fair that the handicapped can't attend/see this game live because HC doesn't have the funds to allow them to upgrade their gym..... Make it available to all, or don’t host the games anymore…