35th District Tourney and 9th Region Tourney

cshs81

First of all the phone lines are fine. Second they got the exhaust fan fixed, it was broken at the start of the season, the floor shouldn't be a problem. And yes, it is very small, butif it were in a bigger gym don't you think it would take away from the atmosphere, noise, etc...? I'm looking forward to the game, I'll be arriving about 6:45, and I'll have a fine seat. And by the way, no visitors are aloud on the other side behingd the benches, HC fans pay for those seats.

It is good to know that the exhaust fan is fixed. It is a shame when anything in a gym goes wrong that can create an unsafe playing environment but even moreso when the postseason rolls around.

If you're getting there at 6:45 and are not worried about finding a seat you must be sitting in one of those first class seats you mentioned.

As far as the gym itself, I have never seen a regional or district tournament game that is not packed and with a great atmosphere. That includes gyms like Holy Cross but also much larger venues like Covington Catholic, Ryle, Holmes, Conner etc.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know HCIndians00; your above statement from another thread is about the best reason that HC shouldn't be hosting the 35th District Tournament. Not having handicap access in this day and age and hosting the District games shouldn't be allowed. Far too many Handicapped adults/children love attending basketball games and if HC doesn't have access to them, then Holy Cross shouldn't be allowed to host.

As far as my other posts on this thread, I was just having fun, but on this subject, I am not joking around, as I work with the Handicap. It isn't fair that the handicapped can't attend/see this game live because HC doesn't have the funds to allow them to upgrade their gym..... Make it available to all, or don’t host the games anymore…

:thumb: Well said..

OK, I see al your points but I just want the districts to stay at HC. It is unfortunate that Holy Cross has a small gym and is in one of the best districts in the state, agreed? But I do not want the districts to leave Holy Cross. And let me rephrase what I said about the seats behind the benches, those are for Hoyl Cross parents, faithful, and the handicap when they can get in (which is unfortunate that they have trouble getting in, they are looking for lifts, ramps,etc.) Holy Cross just doesn't want CCh students to go over to those seats behind the bench like they did the last time HC hosted. All I'm trying to say is thet Holy Cross is trying to do the best they can with the building that they did not build in 1961.