Boyd Co. at Rose Hill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If you'll reread I said that the incident would harbor harsh feelings between schools. This would lead to more hard feelings if the score wound up lopsided as a result of this in the future.
As you have requested, I reread your last three or four posts in the thread. Just to be sure that I'm not taking them out of context, let's take a look at a couple of them:

Oh, I've tried to refrain, but it's not in my nature. …This type of thing will do nothing more than get their guts pressed out in the 4th quarter by RH in the future. I am gonna bookmark this thread and keep it until a couple of years down the road when the Ashland apologists are crying about getting shelacked by 45 by those mean ole Royals.…
- and -
That's fine, I just can't wait until it comes back to bite them. And I will be the first to remind you kind sir that RH was whining, as you bash the Ashland coach and struggle for answers why your program is in the toilet and RH won't call off the dogs when they are up 25 in the 3rd quarter.
It may be possible to "spin" this by saying that you aren't espousing Rose Hill running it up on other teams in the area (in this case, specifically Ashland), but it sure doesn't look that way to me. Reading your words, it would appear that you are hoping that Fraley will run it up on other teams, if you're not outright supporting it.

For what it's worth, I know Fraley, and I just don't see him doing that to other teams – especially when those very coaches have made a point out of not doing it to his teams.

I also said there was an easy solution. And quite frankly Bea, why wouldn't anyone want to correct this thing by playing one basketball game?
I agree with you. I would also like to see them make the game up, but that isn't my decision. Truth be told, I'm not really aware of all of the problems that that might pose, and I would hope that it could be worked out by the parties involved - but again, it isn't up to me.

And as far as my message is concerned. Why do I constantly get the feeling that you can't help but defend everything maroon? IMO, you continually, when it is convenient, put up a facade of being pro 16th, all about the kids, etc.,etc., yet you seldom come to the defense of the likes of Fairview, RH, etc..
Fairview, Raceland, Boyd, Greenup, etc. (you only need one "etc.) are not often under attack, and I rarely have any solid knowledge of the facts in the debate on those odd occasions when they are. When that does happen, I speak out as I see fit. Unlike some, I have no problem rooting for Ashland, and still pulling for other teams from the 16th Region.

I went to the Baseball State Championship game when Boyd County played in it. I was at the Russell State Championship game in football this year (openly rooting for Russell). I attended the Russell-Flatwoods girls softball games this year when those teams were playing in their state championships. Oddly, Ashland wasn't involved - in any way – in any of those games.

On the other hand, there are a couple of people that would like to pin the Lindbergh kidnapping, the collapse of Enron, and the Watergate scandal at the feet of Ashland (sound like anyone you know?). There are times that I refrain from those threads, simply because I'm on the outside looking in. There are other times that I participate, because I am aware of a side of the story that isn't being shared. If you would like to, you might consider petitioning the Guru, to ask him if it would be possible to silence anyone that disagrees with you… Let me know how that one works out.

In this instance, there was no reason to place that post when all mine was intended to do was to defend RH from any more slander than it has already taken, especially by those who don't have the first clue about the situation.
You'll want to sit down for this one – it's going to come as a real shock to your system….

There are people that exist in the eastern end of the state that DON’T go to Rose Hill, and are capable of forming their own opinions. You may wish to believe that those types of people are always wrong, and are always trying to hurt Rose Hill, but the truth just might be something else. Food for thought.

So forgive me for saying, but if we could place a collander under your posts, only the maroon would remain.
Say it ain't so! I have a favorite team – and it turns out that I graduated from that school? Oh the shame!

And you know what I truly enjoy is your style. You start out abrasive and feign some sort of politically correctness by stating in a separate closing sentence "I just want to be sure that I'm getting your message right on this one".
Actually, the last line was intended to give you the opportunity to try to explain your position. Instead of doing that, you chose to try to paint me as a "Rose Hill Basher" and an enemy of anything not Ashland. Perhaps from now on, I should just come out blasting?

With that said, I'm quite sure I'll get an eloquent response filled with your history of uprightness, etc..
Did you expect me to let you make accusations, without reply? What world are you living in? If you doubt my support of other schools when they enjoy success, ask around. Cubster, Duck, Blue Blazer, and many others will attest to my support of Russell. I sat beside Casey Branham's dad at the Boyd County game in Lexington. I saw Devil 58 at the girls' softball games, and took their Assistant Principal around the area over the course of a day or two.

It isn't a matter of being "upright". I don't do it because I'm trying to be politically correct. I do it because I know some of the kids, or the parents from other schools, and I wish them the best.

Apparently, that thought is alien to you. Is that my failing – or yours?

Bea, just defending the Hill, can't help it. The same collander would reveal the blue posts for me, I'm just not ashamed to say it.
Nor should you be. Defending a given school is fine, understandable, and (in some cases) noble. On the other hand, attacking others is not the same as defending your school. When you have seen me defend Ashland, it is just that – a response to an attack. Contrast that with some members of BGP that constantly take shots at others, often unprovoked.

Frances