Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HC 65 Simon Kenton 59

Featured Replies

Close game throughout, HC's biggest lead was 9 in the first half, SK led by 4 in the 3rd. Hester had a huge game for the Neers, noone on the court court could check him man to man. He fouled out on a technical (touching the ball before the inbounds pass). Schaumbach played well on the offensive end for a bit but noone else from SK did much scoring. SK attempted to feed the ball into the post but weren't very successful. Very physical game but the calls were consistent. HC is a solid club, quality guard play and just enough in the post. The 35th should be interesting.

  • Author

Most were close with the score but the HC alum was almost dead eye on this one.

 

At HC on Alumni night. HC 66 Sk 59

The refs were consistent, I agree. They would call little slaps but they would not call the big obvious fouls. Hester was the only one that was being much of a output on the scoring end of the Neers. In order to win your post game has to be succesful, last night it wasnt. And that was because SK's post is extremely to soft. Wherever Scruggs and Steenken wanted their big men to go, that is where they went. The big men just layed down, they looked scared to death out there. You have to play to the level that the refs are letting you. Hurd should be a dominant and dangerous threat in the post but until he starts showing some aggression he is not going to be. I do not know when SK gets back Blevins, but they could really use him.

Most were close with the score but the HC alum was almost dead eye on this one.

That's almost scary!

Most were close with the score but the HC alum was almost dead eye on this one.

:thumb: After the horned sounded I thought about that, but then was into much of a hurry to go across the street for alumni activity.

The refs were consistent, I agree. They would call little slaps but they would not call the big obvious fouls. Hester was the only one that was being much of a output on the scoring end of the Neers. In order to win your post game has to be succesful, last night it wasnt. And that was because SK's post is extremely to soft. Wherever Scruggs and Steenken wanted their big men to go, that is where they went. The big men just layed down, they looked scared to death out there. You have to play to the level that the refs are letting you. Hurd should be a dominant and dangerous threat in the post but until he starts showing some aggression he is not going to be. I do not know when SK gets back Blevins, but they could really use him.

One thing alot of teams learn after playing HC. The front court at HC is very physical and strong. It isn't the tallest, but they have found ways around that.

I feel sorry for anyone who is guarding Mike Hester man to man. If he wants to take it to the rack he makes it look easy to do it.

  • Author

I know I wouldn't want to guard him or vice versa.

I know I for one am starting to raise my eyebrows at this SK team. I maybe expected too much from them this year. This is basically the third year in a row this group has been together. They had a 9 win campaign last season and have already improved by 6 games this season. I know they beat Highlands last year in a close game. Highlands has dramatically improved this season. I don't think they have added any new players, and they are one of the favorites to win the 9th. Is it just me or does anyone else think the Pioneers are too erractic to expect a prolonged postseason this March?? I never know what t expect with this team , they beat Bryan Station , and played Henry Clay tough. They also lost to Dixie, in a game where they simply needed to finish. I also thought they should have prevailed in the Holy Cross game. I know they had Evan Stowers and Nate Edmonson in Hesters freshman year but to point out another game they beat Pendleton County the year before Elliot transferred in the Eagle Bank Classic at Grant County!! Your Thoughts??

  • Author

I still think they have a shot at winning the 8th but it won't be easy. They should make it, and they should play a district loser so they will have a good scenario. IMO they are good enough to beat many teams but inconsistent enough to lose to average teams. Hurd is the key, they have plenty of fire power from the perimeter (Hester, Schaumbach, Brown, Elbert and maybe Blevins). Hester, Elbert and Schaumbach are all capable of taking it to the rack off of the dribble, and they have a few key role players with Hurtt, Hopkins and Brown. I agree about Hurd, the sky is the limit but he has to play stronger in the paint. No 6'2" post player should be able to contain him, it's up to him.

HC is a better team right now since the All A. Coach Goetz is using sophmore Corey Sorrel more, and he is now strictly varsity. He gives them points off the bench they didn't have before, Corey is a very good shooter. With him and Ryan on the floor at the same time its hard to cover HC on the perimeter with so many good shooters.

  • Author

I liked what I saw from HC, they shared the ball and most of their looks from three point land were good open looks. They aren't dominant inside but Scruggs seems to be opportunistic and Steenken isn't afraid to use that big body. On a side note, is Ryan the son of Pat Ryan, I saw him over in the luxury section.

On a side note, is Ryan the son of Pat Ryan, I saw him over in the luxury section.

 

Yes Jimmy is Pat's son!!

Simon has had a chance to beat 5 or 6 quality oppenents, but counld'nt come through. They have very good talent, principal has some big-time choices to make. Like I said the talent is there.

  • Author
Simon has had a chance to beat 5 or 6 quality oppenents, but counld'nt come through. They have very good talent, principal has some big-time choices to make. Like I said the talent is there.

 

What does the principal have to do with this?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.