What's going on at West Jessamine?

sticku

I do not believe any of the former staff willl be back. The way I understand it the new HC has yet to attend a lifting session, but he has sent an older gentle (who has a shady background)in to run things. I believe I was told the new HC has said something along the lines of "I'm not coming until I get my first pay check." News flash...That will be August. This relationship seems to be off to a doomed start.

It is my understanding that if a certified person applied they must get the job over a non-certified person. The way the by-law reads the only way a non-certified person can be hired for extra-curricular positions over a certified is when 1) there are no certified positions open and 2) if no certified person applies. Does anyone know the exacts on this by-law? I heard he brought in 5-6 of his own assistants but I've heard no names.

I do not believe any of the former staff willl be back. The way I understand it the new HC has yet to attend a lifting session, but he has sent an older gentle (who has a shady background)in to run things. I believe I was told the new HC has said something along the lines of "I'm not coming until I get my first pay check." News flash...That will be August. This relationship seems to be off to a doomed start.

Actually in September

I believe that it is school to school whether they give a coaching job to a teacher or someone outside the school. Generally most schools give it to a teacher, but I don't believe KHSAA has any rules about them having to be at the school. The only rules that come to mind are the ones that require the coaches to attend CPR training and the coaches training.

Surely the paycheck comment is false?

Couldn't agree more. This has to be a rumor started by some "sour grapes" from someone who wanted the job and didn't get it. Probably one of the applicants from the local area or who still teaches at West.

I seriously doubt anyone being that stupid to start off a job with a comment like that! If so....watch out in Nicholasville!!

I was under the impression that the off season program was going pretty well prior to the hiring. It just does not make a lot of sense to tear down the work that was being done and not immediately step in and start your own building process.

What's the deal? Is this rumor or fact? For that matter, has the new coach ever been officially announced?

It is my understanding that if a certified person applied they must get the job over a non-certified person. The way the by-law reads the only way a non-certified person can be hired for extra-curricular positions over a certified is when 1) there are no certified positions open and 2) if no certified person applies. Does anyone know the exacts on this by-law? I heard he brought in 5-6 of his own assistants but I've heard no names.

That is the way it should be. That is why I asked. You can open a big can of worms if you don't!