Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's going on at West Jessamine?

Featured Replies

Heard there have been some "issues" with the newly appointed HC? Anyone in the know care to sound off and give their first impression (of which you only get one chance to make) of the new staff :sssh: ?

Is he a certified teacher? That is my first question. Who will be assistants?

Is he a certified teacher? That is my first question. Who will be assistants?

I heard he was not.

  • Author

I do not believe any of the former staff willl be back. The way I understand it the new HC has yet to attend a lifting session, but he has sent an older gentle (who has a shady background)in to run things. I believe I was told the new HC has said something along the lines of "I'm not coming until I get my first pay check." News flash...That will be August. This relationship seems to be off to a doomed start.

It is my understanding that if a certified person applied they must get the job over a non-certified person. The way the by-law reads the only way a non-certified person can be hired for extra-curricular positions over a certified is when 1) there are no certified positions open and 2) if no certified person applies. Does anyone know the exacts on this by-law? I heard he brought in 5-6 of his own assistants but I've heard no names.

I do not believe any of the former staff willl be back. The way I understand it the new HC has yet to attend a lifting session, but he has sent an older gentle (who has a shady background)in to run things. I believe I was told the new HC has said something along the lines of "I'm not coming until I get my first pay check." News flash...That will be August. This relationship seems to be off to a doomed start.

Actually in September

I believe that it is school to school whether they give a coaching job to a teacher or someone outside the school. Generally most schools give it to a teacher, but I don't believe KHSAA has any rules about them having to be at the school. The only rules that come to mind are the ones that require the coaches to attend CPR training and the coaches training.

listen the only reason this guys hired was because he played at UK.

Surely the paycheck comment is false?

 

 

Couldn't agree more. This has to be a rumor started by some "sour grapes" from someone who wanted the job and didn't get it. Probably one of the applicants from the local area or who still teaches at West.

 

I seriously doubt anyone being that stupid to start off a job with a comment like that! If so....watch out in Nicholasville!!

I was under the impression that the off season program was going pretty well prior to the hiring. It just does not make a lot of sense to tear down the work that was being done and not immediately step in and start your own building process.

What's the deal? Is this rumor or fact? For that matter, has the new coach ever been officially announced?

listen the only reason this guys hired was because he played at UK.

Are you crazy he played in the NFL coached 1 season ot Kentucky State with a winning season

Are you crazy he played in the NFL coached 1 season ot Kentucky State with a winning season

 

Yes, he coached 1 year at the college level. I can tell you his assistants did the coaching. he was standing and watching and learning. That is why it was only 1 season at KSU.

It is my understanding that if a certified person applied they must get the job over a non-certified person. The way the by-law reads the only way a non-certified person can be hired for extra-curricular positions over a certified is when 1) there are no certified positions open and 2) if no certified person applies. Does anyone know the exacts on this by-law? I heard he brought in 5-6 of his own assistants but I've heard no names.

 

That is the way it should be. That is why I asked. You can open a big can of worms if you don't!

listen the only reason this guys hired was because he played at UK.

 

Having UK connections really helps. Doesn't make you a great coach, but helps you get a job!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.