Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shane Hall Just Committed to Marshall

Featured Replies

Yeah I think he did.

 

A.W. Hamilton

 

Not familiar with Hamilton.

 

I think Lee started at an SEC school & ended up at Marshall, but I can't be sure on that.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Not familiar with Hamilton.

 

I think Lee started at an SEC school & ended up at Marshall, but I can't be sure on that.

 

I'm probably wrong but I want to say that Lee started at Illinois. Someone correct me... Didn't Hamilton play at Scott county?

I'm probably wrong but I want to say that Lee started at Illinois.

 

I was thinking Georgia.

 

I might also be thinking of Vondale Morton, the LexCath grad.

I still don't know if he can play at that level. He is neither a 3 or 4 in college.

I've never seen Hall play. Could someone describe his strengths & weaknesses?

  • Author
I've never seen Hall play. Could someone describe his strengths & weaknesses?

 

Strengths: He's really athletic, plays above the rim, really explosive around the glass

 

Weaknesses: He's passive, doesn't communicate a whole lot on or off the court, has a tendency to disappear in games, doesn't have much game outside the paint (at least not that I've seen)

Strengths: He's really athletic, plays above the rim, really explosive around the glass

 

Weaknesses: He's passive, doesn't communicate a whole lot on or off the court, has a tendency to disappear in games, doesn't have much game outside the paint (at least not that I've seen)

 

"Raw" comes to mind for me(but I didn't see him as a junior so that could have changed).

  • Author
"Raw" comes to mind for me(but I didn't see him as a junior so that could have changed).

 

Raw is a pretty good word. I'm not 100% sold on him being a contributor at the D1 level.

A.W. Hamilton did play at Scott County. If I'm not mistaken, he and Rick Jones were the starting backcourt for the State Championship team in 1998.

Why didn't Hall play AAU basketball this summer?

 

I would think an injury or something that was very significant to him personally (like a dying family member or something similarly drastic) would be understandable, but if he didn't play for a reason that wasn't as obvious, it makes me wonder about his commitment to getting better and how he'll transition into the game at the next level.

Why didn't Hall play AAU basketball this summer?

 

I would think an injury or something that was very significant to him personally (like a dying family member or something similarly drastic) would be understandable, but if he didn't play for a reason that wasn't as obvious, it makes me wonder about his commitment to getting better and how he'll transition into the game at the next level.

 

Injury.

I've never seen Hall play. Could someone describe his strengths & weaknesses?

 

He can pretty much touch his elbows on the top of the backboard. Seriously, we were at the KBA a couple of years ago, getting ready to leave, standing by court one and he threw down a very violent oop that made my elderly mom exclaim, "Oh my!!"

 

Kid gets up.

He is super athletic.

He shoots descent % from FT line.

Has a knack for finding the ball on rebounds/tip ins.

Descent jump hook.

 

 

 

He has no back to basket game.

He does not handle it well enough to play the 3.

He does not shoot it from 3 well enough to be an extend the floor 4.

His athleticism will be useless against men at the DI level, as he is skinny.

  • Author

The problem is that everyone can dunk at that level. The few who can't dunk have D1 speed and/or strength. Hall will have to develop a little more to be effective at Marshall.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.