Lincoln Co. 75 North Laurel 48

North Laurel is really a disappointing story at this point IMO. Really thought they had the makings a solid team...... and they are still very talented, but not where they should be.

I think that North lost much more from last season than anyone really considered. Shanade is the only returning starter. They lost 7 seniors (4 starters and 2 major contributors) from last year's team, plus the loss of Cessna from his knee injury in football. The biggest kids are Asher and Trabish (both Jrs) at 6'4", and Asher, while athletic, is not a big enough post presence. Trabish has improved a lot, but this is his first season every getting any considerable varsity time. Last year's team was loaded with guards (Asher, Maggard) and a bigtime sparkplug in postman Jesse Sizemore and all those kids had miles of competitive heart. This year's team doesn't seem to have the same fire as last year's team.

Outside of Allen, the next returning contributors are Carson, Howard and Smith. Carson is having a very good year and has really improved his game, Howard is a great athlete and Smith is a smart player with a nice outside shot. But outside of those guys, they really are a very inexperienced team who has played a schedule in the top 15-20% of the state. I think the scheduling has backfired and instead of making them more solid and ready for tourney play, it has damaged their confidence. These kids can play, but I think they are questioning themselves quite a bit right now.

If they can get their confidence back they can still make a run, but they better get on it pretty quick. Coach Conway has his work cut out for him, but I still hold out hope that these kids can get it done.

Jeff Jackson seems to be making a lot of progress at Lincoln. Are they a legitimate contender in the 12th Region, or more of a darkhorse?

It's the 12th, so they're a contender. And maybe a year before many expected, because they're a young team. It'd be a surprise to many if they won, but they've advance beyond darkhorse status.

Wow, it took a few seconds for this score to register. North really needs to figure something out if they want to do anything come tourney time.

Lincoln Co. must be a very solid team. Jackson has had that program going in the right direction for a while now and we are starting to see what he's been building the pas couple of years. They are definitely a contender if the favorite in the 12th.

Wow, it took a few seconds for this score to register. North really needs to figure something out if they want to do anything come tourney time.

Lincoln Co. must be a very solid team. Jackson has had that program going in the right direction for a while now and we are starting to see what he's been building the pas couple of years. They are definitely a contender if the favorite in the 12th.

They've done well this year and have a descent team but last year they only won 5or 6 games so I don't how they've been going in the right direction. Everybody knows that the 12 th region is one of the weakest in the state.

They've done well this year and have a descent team but last year they only won 5or 6 games so I don't how they've been going in the right direction. Everybody knows that the 12 th region is one of the weakest in the state.

That happens when you runoff the champs and runners up. I do think that Lincoln has put together a pretty solid season!