JBS 116 Riverside 56

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JBS has proven that their team is for real, but is their schedule for real? It's not their fault that they are beating these teams so badly, but it is their fault that they scheduled them in the first place. I have watched them play a couple of times this year. They are good, and there is no excuse for them to being playing the schedule they are. Hopefully, next year, their schedule will be more challenging. It just seems a waste to have that much talent and spend it beating these little teams by thirty or more every night.

I think they will pick up their schedule big time next year. They have played and beat some better teams this year. Everyone plays these kind of teams but it seems they are always questioned about them. Everyone played David and was run down for beating them so bad. JBS beat pikeville 40, and Henry Clay only beat JBS 18. I think it will be better next year. It is a waste of time and a chance on getting a player hurt in these little gyms .

I think they will pick up their schedule big time next year. They have played and beat some better teams this year. Everyone plays these kind of teams but it seems they are always questioned about them. Everyone played David and was run down for beating them so bad. JBS beat pikeville 40, and Henry Clay only beat JBS 18. I think it will be better next year. It is a waste of time and a chance on getting a player hurt in these little gyms .

Please look at Lee Co's schedule and tell me which cupcakes we scheduled.

Please look at Lee Co's schedule and tell me which cupcakes we scheduled.

bball king,

I did not see where he said anything about Lee County in his post. I have nothing against Lee Co but I did look at your schedule like you asked and it looks like you have played most of your games in the 14th region. You have a decent schedule but probably have not played a team in the top 50 in the state.

I think one reason that JBS plays Riverside is that they have played each other for a number of years and the schools have similar goals towards education and are similar in enrollment numbers. I looked at June Buchanans schedule and they just play one time this year.

I guess I am just confused why you brought Lee Co into a post that had nothing to do with them..

UK96 please read the bold print. I just wanted to state that Lee has tryed to improve its non regional schedule. We used to schedule Riverside but now we choose to play better competition.Riverside is only 30 minutes from Lee it would be easy to play them. You might want to check JBS schedule again, Feb 7 and Feb 20 they are scheduled to play Riverside Christian.

JBS isnt a bad team but isnt as good as their schedule shows. Its easy winning 20 games playing teams like Riverside and the Civid School. JBS had some good games,perry for example, but winning a big game once a season hasnt proved anything except they can beat a good team once in a season. IMO a good team proves their good by beating good teams on a regualar basis. JBS needs a power schedule to earn some respect in the region and out.

"To be the best, you have to beat the best."

JBS has 69 high school students. Half of these are girls. We have played Riverside for years. So this year we are supposed to say" Riverside, we are just too good to play you." I don't think so. I wish we could have played Lee and Leslie, maybe we will still have the chance. We have lost our big man for this year, but he will be back for next year. They will adjust and play their hearts out to win against any team. So if you think we are a threat, you will just hit us with "the old weak schedule attack." I agree the game last night was a waste of our time and a chance to get a player hurt, but so was the LCC game. We lost our big man in a small slick floor gym. And I didn't mean LEE when I said everyone. Who do you think you are. Everyone? I didn't even think of you.

JBS is only playing Riverside once, and at their house which is one of the worse gyms any where. Do you really think they want to?

KHSAA has them scheduled to play Riverside two times - Feb 6 and Feb 20. Has the second game been cancelled?

JBS also plays Piarst once and the David school twice.

I do understand continuing the tradition, but it would make any team look bad to schedule 20% of their games with the lowest rated teams in the state.

I'm sure that a lot of people think that these games are just opportunities to pad the stats for both the team and individual players.

113 to 34 and 116 to 66......I'm sure those were fun games.

I asked the principal at JBS about the games you mentioned and he said the 2nd Riverside game has been cancelled. He also said that the David School had called them last year and asked them to play because he was trying to get some good teams on their schedule. He said it was a one year thing to help them and they would not play next year. I think next year they plan to play Riverside and Piarist once each. I agree that they need to not play this type of teams only a couple times of year. He also told me they were playing in the 5/3rd classic next year. You have to also look that JBS beat every 15th region opponent they have played this year plus South Floyd and Pike Central in their two preseason games.

KHSAA has them scheduled to play Riverside two times - Feb 6 and Feb 20. Has the second game been cancelled?

I do understand continuing the tradition, but it would make any team look bad to schedule 20% of their games with the lowest rated teams in the state.

I'm sure that a lot of people think that these games are just opportunities to pad the stats for both the team and individual players.

113 to 34 and 116 to 66......I'm sure those were fun games.

They played David once and I am not sure about piarist . They will only play Riverside once. No they were not fun games. David has some kids with problems, and you really feel bad. I personally think we should schedule the best teams around and travel more , because we have the talent . There are other good teams that have to schedule these teams. No body wants to beat a team to death. Some 15th region teams were really put down for beating them so bad, but they don't seem to mind and they come to play.

My mistake, David School once, Piarst twice. I do understand the continuing tradition...it just carries some negative elements along with it.

And I only said that 'a lot of people think'...etc. That doesn't mean that it is so, only that people probably think that way.

I do think that JBS center being injured will make it tough in their district tournament. Have they drawn yet? Where will it be played?

My mistake, David School once, Piarst twice. I do understand the continuing tradition...it just carries some negative elements along with it.

And I only said that 'a lot of people think'...etc. That doesn't mean that it is so, only that people probably think that way.

I do think that JBS center being injured will make it tough in their district tournament. Have they drawn yet? Where will it be played?

JBS has some good young kids that will probably be able to fill the center spot. They will really miss the Collins kid on the defensive end but will probably be better offensively. I think the thing that will be a question mark for them in the district is just their youth. They get almost all their points from sophomores and down and sometimes young kids play like young kids in the big games.