Bardstown 53 Owensboro Catholic 50

You'd think at some point, Owensboro Catholic could win a state title in SOMETHING. This was their best shot. Or was that football?

You knew they were in trouble when they could only beat a bad Moore team by 12 points in the opening round.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think at some point, Owensboro Catholic could win a state title in SOMETHING. This was their best shot. Or was that football?

You knew they were in trouble when they could only beat a bad Moore team by 12 points in the opening round.

Yeah, agreed. I really don't think they are that great of a basketball team, I just think they were hidden in a weaker side of the bracket.

I meant to write that the privates are against the seperation and if I did not say it correctly I apologize

Yeah I understood that, I was just saying that I do not know why privates are against separation. I am private and I am against separation. I enjoy playing public schools, even though sometimes we lose, we win other times. Many public schools in NKY are absolutely huge, but never seem to feild a good team. Since the days of Doellman at Ryle, when have they competed? Connor is a black horse in the region, but never a true threat since the days of Johnson. Boone was good 2 years ago, nothing since then. Those schools draw from a huge area, so maybe the area of attraction isn't the problem. Maybe the problem is getting kids to come out for the team, or the coaching.

Yeah I understood that, I was just saying that I do not know why privates are against separation. I am private and I am against separation. I enjoy playing public schools, even though sometimes we lose, we win other times. Many public schools in NKY are absolutely huge, but never seem to feild a good team. Since the days of Doellman at Ryle, when have they competed? Connor is a black horse in the region, but never a true threat since the days of Johnson. Boone was good 2 years ago, nothing since then. Those schools draw from a huge area, so maybe the area of attraction isn't the problem. Maybe the problem is getting kids to come out for the team, or the coaching.

I will say that sometimes these larger schools do a poor job of competing and it is not the privates fault. I am stating there are advantages for the privates. If a school can offer more and I was a parent I would want to get my kid into thier(feeder program) for both acedemics and athletics. So for the more fortunate kids paying a little or a lot more is going to get a better education than go for it. But the finances of the privates are operated much more liberally than the publics and there is an inheriant advantadge. Privates do not operate within the same rules for teachers and tenure and can be more aggresive in the requirements. It is hard to get rid of a teacher with tenure even if he or she does not perform. I admire alot of what the private schools do for thier students and I am 100 % behind government vouchers so all who want can attend private schools. But because there is a difference in the way the program operates and is financed I say you must seperate the schools for all state tournaments.

BIG TIME congrats to Bardstown. What region are they in? Should they make it out of their region? Who is the main competitors to win their region?

The Tigers are region 5. Region 5 is very tough, with E-Town the likely favorite followed very closely by John Hardin. Bardstown and Caverna, 2 Class A schools, follow behind.

The Tigers are region 5. Region 5 is very tough, with E-Town the likely favorite followed very closely by John Hardin. Bardstown and Caverna, 2 Class A schools, follow behind.

This is a very classy region! If I were not from the NKY, I would cheer on this region all the time. They normally seem to have very classy kids representing their schools. I like E-Town, and the Bardstown fans were very classy while they were down at the All "A" school state tourny. Other than Brossart losing (graduated there in 2000) I'm very satisfied with the outcome of this state tournament! That Calhoun has to be one of the top contenders for MVP of Region 5. He is an ATHLETE! Does he play any other sports at Bardstown?

This is a very classy region! If I were not from the NKY, I would cheer on this region all the time. They normally seem to have very classy kids representing their schools. I like E-Town, and the Bardstown fans were very classy while they were down at the All "A" school state tourny. Other than Brossart losing (graduated there in 2000) I'm very satisfied with the outcome of this state tournament! That Calhoun has to be one of the top contenders for MVP of Region 5. He is an ATHLETE! Does he play any other sports at Bardstown?

Yes, he was the QB of the football team that beat Danville and went to the semis against Mayfield, and he is one of the stars of the track team that has won the Class A championship 2 seasons running. Also a nice kid with a good family and I've never understood why he doesn't garner more attention.

Good to hear the Tiger fans were civil. The parents of this particular team are awfully nice and have gone above and beyond in supporting their team. I'd say they're pretty tickled right now.

Yes, he was the QB of the football team that beat Danville and went to the semis against Mayfield, and he is one of the stars of the track team that has won the Class A championship 2 seasons running. Also a nice kid with a good family and I've never understood why he doesn't garner more attention.

Good to hear the Tiger fans were civil. The parents of this particular team are awfully nice and have gone above and beyond in supporting their team. I'd say they're pretty tickled right now.

Good to hear that they are happy! They should be most deserving of this STATE CHAMPIONSHIP as they did earn this one. They had one of the toughest roads that there was to get to the finals. Great ;) Championship for the Bardstown Tigers!

I will say that sometimes these larger schools do a poor job of competing and it is not the privates fault. I am stating there are advantages for the privates. If a school can offer more and I was a parent I would want to get my kid into thier(feeder program) for both acedemics and athletics. So for the more fortunate kids paying a little or a lot more is going to get a better education than go for it. But the finances of the privates are operated much more liberally than the publics and there is an inheriant advantadge. Privates do not operate within the same rules for teachers and tenure and can be more aggresive in the requirements. It is hard to get rid of a teacher with tenure even if he or she does not perform. I admire alot of what the private schools do for thier students and I am 100 % behind government vouchers so all who want can attend private schools. But because there is a difference in the way the program operates and is financed I say you must seperate the schools for all state tournaments.

So you are saying that private schools have more money to spend as they wish? Forgive me if I'm not following this accurately.

So you are saying that private schools have more money to spend as they wish? Forgive me if I'm not following this accurately.

Exactly!!! If you need money raise the fees and tuition. In the public forum the money is decreasing. If everyone had a choice most would love to send thier students to private schools to gain a better education. If this were not the case the higher income levels of the population would not be predominately sending thier kids to the private schools. That is a statistical fact. No state mandates on how the privates fund and spend thier money on acedemicas and athletics. Lets play by the same complete set of rules or not play at all! Those with the advantadge are the ones who want the status quo.

Exactly!!! If you need money raise the fees and tuition. In the public forum the money is decreasing. If everyone had a choice most would love to send thier students to private schools to gain a better education. If this were not the case the higher income levels of the population would not be predominately sending thier kids to the private schools. That is a statistical fact. No state mandates on how the privates fund and spend thier money on acedemicas and athletics. Lets play by the same complete set of rules or not play at all! Those with the advantadge are the ones who want the status quo.

Ignorance is bliss....

Ignorance is bliss....

Why are the privates afraid of competing with only other privates??

It amazes me that the privates fight so hard to play the public schools. What is wrong with winning the Catholic championship? I guess when an intelligent argument eludes someone resorting to name calling is always the best way to express your point of view!!!!;)