Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villa Madonna Looking for new coach

Featured Replies

Figured I'd mentioned this in the Ludlow thread so I'd give it it's own.

 

Seems like this would be a tough job to step into with Von Handorf and Phelps both transferring, but looking further it always seems that Villa has adequate junior Hugh teams for a small school.... What gives?

 

Anyone know of any potential candidates?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd mentioned this in the Ludlow thread so I'd give it it's own.

 

Seems like this would be a tough job to step into with Von Handorf and Phelps both transferring, but looking further it always seems that Villa has adequate junior Hugh teams for a small school.... What gives?

 

Anyone know of any potential candidates?

 

Where is Phelps going?

  • Author
Where is Phelps going?

 

From what I've seen, Gallatin County. But I could be misinformed.

From what I've seen, Gallatin County. But I could be misinformed.

 

I work with his dad. Haven't heard anything about them moving?

  • Author
I work with his dad. Haven't heard anything about them moving?

 

Maybe I misread or misremembered?

 

Regardless, there's a positive for whomever they hire.... Anyone know why Coach Starkey left?

Phelps transferred to Gallatin County. Von Handorf never intended on going to high school at Villa, and many up and coming junior high players have gone to other high schools. Maybe with a new coach they will be able to retain some of their junior high players.

Phelps transferred to Gallatin County.

 

I assume the family moved?

Yes, they moved back in May when school got out.

 

Was this move job related? I thought the dad had an accounting job with one of the firms in downtown cincinnati after gaining all of his knowledge at the IRS.

Was this move job related? I thought the dad had an accounting job with one of the firms in downtown cincinnati after gaining all of his knowledge at the IRS.

 

He is a director at a CPA firm and is still there. No plans to go anywhere else that I know of.

  • Author
He is a director at a CPA firm and is still there. No plans to go anywhere else that I know of.

 

That's an awful long drive from/to Gallatin everyday. And it seems like an odd place to transfer if there was no move.... Interesting.

Confirmed. They did move to Gallatin County and Troy is enrolled there for his senior year. It was a move that has been planned for awhile. Had nothing to do with basketball.

  • Author

I've heard they had a few preliminary interviews for this position but are in no hurry at all to fill it.

I've heard they had a few preliminary interviews for this position but are in no hurry at all to fill it.

 

You would think that with school already started it would be just the opposite.

Maybe I misread or misremembered?

 

Regardless, there's a positive for whomever they hire.... Anyone know why Coach Starkey left?

 

 

 

I heard there were budget cuts at Villa and the ADs job was cut to part time as well as Coach Starkey's teaching job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.