N KY High School Basketball Preview 1974-1975

Gotta love the 70's and 80's....tight shorts and tube socks pulled up to the knees for most of those years.

8th grade year the Conner Colts frosh team got new unis and we got the hand-me-downs. We were so bothered by how "loose" the shorts were that we had our moms saw them so they'd be tighter around our skinny thighs.

My how times have changed.

8th grade year the Conner Colts frosh team got new unis and we got the hand-me-downs. We were so bothered by how "loose" the shorts were that we had our moms saw them so they'd be tighter around our skinny thighs.

My how times have changed.

Yep, same here but it was 1987. That is funny and yes times have changed. For the better IMO. I cant imagine watching my son run around in short shorts and tight jerseys with tube socks pulled up. lol

1974-1975 was the year my father graduated from Campbell County. I am sure he is mentioned in the preview. They won the 36th District that year and lost in the 9th Region Semi-Finals to "Turkey" Jones and Covington Holy Cross. Would be neat to look at the old archives.

1974-1975 was the year my father graduated from Campbell County. I am sure he is mentioned in the preview. They won the 36th District that year and lost in the 9th Region Semi-Finals to "Turkey" Jones and Covington Holy Cross. Would be neat to look at the old archives.

I thought NewCath won the region that year.

Mike Turkey Jones was a junior on the HC roster.

The Camels lists six seniors: Mike Augsbach, Keith Belcher, Mike Fuller, Terry Jolly, Greg Menetry, and Bob Steele. There are pictures of Belcher, Fuller, and Menetry. Not sure who your father is, but those are the seniors in the article.

I thought NewCath won the region that year.

NewCath did win the region by beating HC in the finals. I remember it well because I was a sixth grader at HC.

A quick check of the Terry Boehmker book " 9th Region Royalty " confirms that NC did beat HC in the finals that year; 78-73 in overtime.

I have pages 5 - 40 of the '74-'75 preview. One of the teams I do not have is NC.

A quick check of the Terry Boehmker book " 9th Region Royalty " confirms that NC did beat HC in the finals that year; 78-73 in overtime.

I have pages 5 - 40 of the '74-'75 preview. One of the teams I do not have is NC.

That was the year they had Desmond, Dawn, Devoto, Batsche? right. I know there were 3 yrs they won it during the mid 70's.

That was the year they had Desmond, Dawn, Devoto, Batsche? right. I know there were 3 yrs they won it during the mid 70's.

Desmond and Dawn had graduated the year before. Devoto would have been a senior. Dave Faust was a member of this team.

Yes, this was the 3rd year of the Breds three-peat.