Top Posters In This Topic

Games for June 13th:

6:00PM Scott vs SK @ Scott

6:00PM CCH vs Dixie @ Woodland

7:00PM St Henry vs Dixie @ Scott

7:00PM NCC vs Scott @ Woodland

8:00PM NCC vs St Henry @ Scott

8:00PM CCH vs SK @ Woodland

CovCaths freshman class will be loaded. That's including VonHandorf playing varsity.... St. Agnes has a solid amount of talent coming out of that class (Micahel, Schuh, Galvins, Ziegelmeyer and others), and Blessed Sacrament and St. Pius (Thiel, Simkonis, possibly 1 other) will add a couple of guys each probably. Also, I believe the Angel kid from Gray MS has made the transfer to CovCath. They should be pretty good.

Angel wont last long! He has a punk attitude and has been kicked off the Gray team the last two years. Would not be surprised to see him kicked out of the school. 3 other players stick out to me, Mathew Theil, Gunnar Schuh, and Hunter Ziggelmeyer. You got the big 3 there. You got a ball handler, a shooter, and 3 rebounders.

Angel wont last long! He has a punk attitude and has been kicked off the Gray team the last two years. Would not be surprised to see him kicked out of the school. 3 other players stick out to me, Mathew Theil, Gunnar Schuh, and Hunter Ziggelmeyer. You got the big 3 there. You got a ball handler, a shooter, and 3 rebounders.

Why do we want to pick on 14 year old kids??? Whatever his history was there is just that, lets give all these kids a chance seems to me like he might be pretty good.

Why do we want to pick on 14 year old kids??? Whatever his history was there is just that, lets give all these kids a chance seems to me like he might be pretty good.

Typical response from sports fan1230. That is how he rolls.

For the record, today is the first day I've ever heard this young man's name, therefore I know nothing about him. With that said, maybe the structure of Covington Catholic will be good for him, if he in fact has had attitude issues. Coach Rowe doesn't play games and the student/athletes at CovCath have always represented their school/families/community incredibly well. I agree with Trogan1, we should give him a chance. It's amazing what discipline does for young people and no one is better at that than Bob Rowe.

For the record, today is the first day I've ever heard this young man's name, therefore I know nothing about him. With that said, maybe the structure of Covington Catholic will be good for him, if he in fact has had attitude issues. Coach Rowe doesn't play games and the student/athletes at CovCath have always represented their school/families/community incredibly well. I agree with Trogan1, we should give him a chance. It's amazing what discipline does for young people and no one is better at that than Bob Rowe.

Well said.

I have had the pleasure of meeting the young man as he was introduced to me at the CovCath Vs. Ryle football scrimmage last year. He was very polite, shook my hand and called me Mr. (my name) and stood with his Dad as his Dad and I talked without butting in nor wanting to get out of there. (BTW I met/knew his Dad via NDA volleyball a couple of years ago)

He spoke to me again at a CovCath basketball game by saying hi Mr. (my mane) and smiled as he and his Dad walked past me while I was doing a basketball game.

Seems like a good kid and so lets keep it that way, until proven otherwise at CovCath.

Wow!!!! You didn't just really call a 14 year old kid a punk. You have some major issues dude that you need to deal with. Angel a punk, I would disagree with. I have known him and his family since little league baseball and have coached him as well in AAU. I have always loved the fire in which he plays with. You should get your facts straight on the reasons for Brent being dismissed from Grey before typing something on a message board.

I don't see Brent on CC freshman team for long, I believe he will be moved up to JV. His is more athletic than any other kid on their team and does the little stuff like screen and get on the floor that some of those other kids don't do. The kind of stuff that coaches see but don't show up in a score book.

WOW man there no need to bash kids on here and I'm sure it's a violation of some BGP rule. I'm sure if the Angel kid doesn't play by the rules he'll be put in is proper place. I know this kid plays for Pouncy in AAU and he's not had a lick of problems according to Pouncy. CCH will be loaded no doubt even with Cole playing varsity. The future is bright for CCH looks like.

Wow, sounds like you have a personal issue with the young man SF1230.

Did he take a spot away from your son on an aau team or something?

He has played on my sons AAU team this summer and he has been nothing short of an 'Angel', pun intended. I believe you are way off base on this one.

Jealousy is not very becoming of you.

Good Luck to your SK teams.

Maybe he has changed. I know Pouncy wouldn't put up with it. That may be a reason he has changed, but I believe because of his talent he was never punished by anybody therefore never learned his lesson. I hope he has his head on straight. He has a lot of talent. I remember watching him play for Celtics AAU team a coouple years back and he literally told the coach what to do, pretty much bossing him around. The coach did nothing. He played with that kind of attitude as well. I blame the Coach for that..... He should have sat him down or punished him in some way so he would learn his lesson. I am sure Pouncy is aware of what he has done, and I am sure he had a talk with him about what is acceptable and what isn't. I feel if something like that was done earlier we would not be talking about this.

Maybe he has changed. I know Pouncy wouldn't put up with it. That may be a reason he has changed, but I believe because of his talent he was never punished by anybody therefore never learned his lesson. I hope he has his head on straight. He has a lot of talent. I remember watching him play for Celtics AAU team a coouple years back and he literally told the coach what to do, pretty much bossing him around. The coach did nothing. He played with that kind of attitude as well. I blame the Coach for that..... He should have sat him down or punished him in some way so he would learn his lesson. I am sure Pouncy is aware of what he has done, and I am sure he had a talk with him about what is acceptable and what isn't. I feel if something like that was done earlier we would not be talking about this.

No one was talkihg about his attitude or calling him names but YOU! You started the flame. Bottom line is this is not the place for bashing a 13-14 kid.