Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 2006

Featured Replies

Does any one know what the schedule is looking like right now ?

Ashland's non-district schedule will consist of Raceland,Portsmouth West,Prestonsburg,Russell, and Belfry. Their district games will be against Mason,Greenup,Lawrence,Johnson Central,and Boyd.

The Tomcats biggest question is at the Quarterback position. Mahan showed some signs of a good athletE at the JV level, but Iam Holbrook would be a huge loss on any team. Not only will Holbrooks athletisism be hard to replace but his love for the game, leadership, work ethic and game smarts. I think its Mahan's to loose. But Senior Drew McDavid could be getting the snaps as well. Look for the Tomcats to run a little more this year, returning three offensive linemen and two stout runningbacks in Thomas and Davis.

 

The District will be tough. I think they could go undefeated in non district games, but have some trouble in the District. Johnson Central and Mason County will be two very hard games. But the Tomcats are still probably District favorites.

Nice avatar IronCat. I hope that you are working hard in the weight room.

 

I can’t wait for spring practice to begin!! What a fun year it’s going to be.

 

This year's game at Johnson Central is going to be an absolute “barn burner”. I expect that the place will be packed. I hope that they make plenty of hot dogs and popcorn.

The District will be tough. I think they could go undefeated in non district games, but have some trouble in the District. Johnson Central and Mason County will be two very hard games. But the Tomcats are still probably District favorites.

 

IMO I think the 2 teams that will give you troubles non district are Belfry and Russell. Belfry always played Ironton tough and are just a tough all around team. Russell. Well they have played enough to say that this game could go either way in any given year. But I do see Ashland being a strong contender for the district crown.

 

Heck being a Russell fan I may make the trip to see the Ashland/Belfry game. It should be a barn burner. The pond creek faithful always bring a big crowd whether home or away.

Nice avatar IronCat. I hope that you are working hard in the weight room.

 

I can’t wait for spring practice to begin!! What a fun year it’s going to be.

 

This year's game at Johnson Central is going to be an absolute “barn burner”. I expect that the place will be packed. I hope that they make plenty of hot dogs and popcorn.

 

I expect the place to be packed as well. Should be a great game with alot of emotion and district hopes riding on it. And dont worry about the hot dogs and pop corn, but i would suggest that you go to the Eagle Grill left of the stadium( on the visitors side), Big Phil always does a great job of grillin.

It's put up or shut up time for the Cats. When this group of seniors to be were in the 7th grade we knew they were going to be good. They have NOT lived up to what they can, and should be. It's time they get their act togather and play like they can.

Hit the weights hard and have a great spring practice and kick some butt this fall.

Go out winners!

IMO I think the 2 teams that will give you troubles non district are Belfry and Russell. Belfry always played Ironton tough and are just a tough all around team. Russell. Well they have played enough to say that this game could go either way in any given year. But I do see Ashland being a strong contender for the district crown.

 

Heck being a Russell fan I may make the trip to see the Ashland/Belfry game. It should be a barn burner. The pond creek faithful always bring a big crowd whether home or away.

 

I agree that the Ashland/Russell game could go either way in any given year. And Im pulling for the Tomcats like every year just like you and your Devils. Should be a great game. And Belfry will be a very physical and hard game but it is at Putnam and Im saying the Tomcats come out on top.

Ashland will be Ashland next season, nothing more, nothing less! They will be 1 or 2 in the district and come playoff time they will be tough as nails to beat!

 

QB questions or not this team will hard to handle! It is Ashland and the Tomcats are always loaded.

 

Good Luck this coming season and can't wait to see ya late in OCT.

Ashland will be Ashland next season, nothing more, nothing less! They will be 1 or 2 in the district and come playoff time they will be tough as nails to beat!

 

QB questions or not this team will hard to handle! It is Ashland and the Tomcats are always loaded.

 

Good Luck this coming season and can't wait to see ya late in OCT.

 

Good post!!! I am looking forward to the game, along with every other Ashland and JC fan!! :dancingpa

This time of the year predictions are sometimes a little fuzzy to make. With work still going on in the weightroom and younger players with something to prove sometimes can make a person forget even the best graduating players. High School kids are different, every year a few unexpected kids will step up big during the offseason to show off their talents come Friday nights. Ashland did lose some great players this past season but they do have a very good nucleus coming back in all areas of the game. I truly believe if some of the lesser known Seniors steps it up (leadership) like they are capable of doing, then the sky's the limit for this coming years team. I don't think that the district or region championships are out of question, but right now there are too many questions to be answered about this team to pencil them in as the favorite.

 

But I do like there chances. ;)

This time of the year predictions are sometimes a little fuzzy to make. With work still going on in the weightroom and younger players with something to prove sometimes can make a person forget even the best graduating players. High School kids are different, every year a few unexpected kids will step up big during the offseason to show off their talents come Friday nights. Ashland did lose some great players this past season but they do have a very good nucleus coming back in all areas of the game. I truly believe if some of the lesser known Seniors steps it up (leadership) like they are capable of doing, then the sky's the limit for this coming years team. I don't think that the district or region championships are out of question, but right now there are too many questions to be answered about this team to pencil them in as the favorite.

 

But I do like there chances. ;)

 

This class of seniors has been talked about for a long while. And I think its starting to sink in that the last couple of years, despite good years, have come up short in the goals that have been set. So hopefully this group of Seniors wont have to look back and be disappointed in their performances.

It's put up or shut up time for the Cats. When this group of seniors to be were in the 7th grade we knew they were going to be good. They have NOT lived up to what they can, and should be. It's time they get their act togather and play like they can.

Hit the weights hard and have a great spring practice and kick some butt this fall.

Go out winners!

 

Good post T-Cat. :thumb:

This class of seniors has been talked about for a long while. And I think its starting to sink in that the last couple of years, despite good years, have come up short in the goals that have been set. So hopefully this group of Seniors wont have to look back and be disappointed in their performances.

 

 

 

 

If you can walk off that field at the end of the game or at the end of the season knowing that you did all that you could possibly do, then there should be no dissappointment in your reflections.

 

 

From what I've heard about these players getting ready for next year is that they are working hard in the weightroom but their cardio exercise is a lot lacking, and speed and endurance is as important as strength.

Can anyone tell me the timetable/dates for beginning of practice and when they will scrimmage - specifically the Ironton one?

 

Thanx, Woody Jr

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.