April 24, 201313 yr Are there any more top recruits looking at Louisville? What will Louisville's roster look like next year?
April 24, 201313 yr Author Are there any more top recruits looking at Louisville? What will Louisville's roster look like next year? Chris Jones Russ Smith Luke Hancock Chane Behanan Mangok Mathiang I'd say that will be the starting lineup.
April 24, 201313 yr Are there any more top recruits looking at Louisville? What will Louisville's roster look like next year? All set for next year. PG: Chris Jones (JuCo transfer), Terry Rozier (Freshman) SG: Russ Smith, Kevin Ware, Anton Gill (Freshman) SF: Luke Hancock, Wayne Blackshear PF: Chane Behanan, Montrezl Harrell, Akoy Agau (Freshman) C: Mangok Mathiang (Freshman), Steven Van Treese, Zach Price Plus what seems to be a whole stable of walk-ons led by Tim Henderson. I don't know how exactly those pieces are going to fit together, but it's going to be fun watching it develop.
April 24, 201313 yr Author So, Louisville has this coming back: 76% of their scoring. 73% of their rebounding. 69% of their steals. 50% of their assists. From a national championship team. Pretty solid base, if you ask me.
April 24, 201313 yr Author Only spot I'm concerned about is the 5. Other than that, we are VERY solid for next season.
April 24, 201313 yr ^They did lose their two leaders though. I think they'll struggle more than most anticipate (don't think people really know the impact Gorgui and Siva had), especially if Pitino really tries Russ at the point like he said.
April 24, 201313 yr Only spot I'm concerned about is the 5. Other than that, we are VERY solid for next season. Can't replace a guy like Gorgui Dieng. His combination of shot blocking, shooting skill and passing ability doesn't come around in a 6-11 guy very often at UofL. I'm with you that Mangok's going to be the guy. I'm looking forward to getting a look at his game.
April 24, 201313 yr Only spot I'm concerned about is the 5. Other than that, we are VERY solid for next season. Guessing you see Montrezl at the 5 quite a bit...
April 24, 201313 yr Author ^They did lose their two leaders though. I think they'll struggle more than most anticipate (don't think people really know the impact Gorgui and Siva had), especially if Pitino really tries Russ at the point like he said. Russ will not be running the point. He'll do the same thing he did this year and run it in spurts, when needed. As far as leaders go, Luke Hancock was a captain this past season, and I'm sure he will be again next. Russ will step into the leadership role as well, and Behanan will have to demand more of himself. You can't replace a Peyton Siva or Gorgui Dieng when it comes to the non-physical aspect of the game. But they will find a new leader, and I think they'll be just fine.
April 24, 201313 yr Author Guessing you see Montrezl at the 5 quite a bit... Yeah, no doubt he will get more tick there next season. Him and Chane on the court at the same time would be tough to handle. As long as the other team isn't very tall. :lol2:
April 24, 201313 yr Russ will not be running the point. He'll do the same thing he did this year and run it in spurts, when needed. As far as leaders go, Luke Hancock was a captain this past season, and I'm sure he will be again next. Russ will step into the leadership role as well, and Behanan will have to demand more of himself. You can't replace a Peyton Siva or Gorgui Dieng when it comes to the non-physical aspect of the game. But they will find a new leader, and I think they'll be just fine. So Pitino is already lying? He said he'd help him work on the point....Doing the same as last year isn't really working on it, is it?
April 24, 201313 yr So Pitino is already lying? He said he'd help him work on the point....Doing the same as last year isn't really working on it, is it? Press Conference Pitino has NEVER made any sense.
April 24, 201313 yr Author So Pitino is already lying? He said he'd help him work on the point....Doing the same as last year isn't really working on it, is it? My point was that Russ will not be the starting point guard. We'll never know what he does in individual instruction, but Russ will not be the starting 1.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.