Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 2013

Featured Replies

What does Raceland need to do to improve in 2013? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Raceland Football 2013

 

The word for Raceland in 2013 is “Experience”. Raceland returns virtually everyone from a 9-3 2012 team. In 2012 the Rams scored 44 points per game while only allowing 15 points per game. In 2013, Raceland expects to build upon those numbers with almost everyone back on both sides of the ball. The Ram faithful are expecting the best team in school history to take the field for Raceland this year, and they are expecting this team to contend for the State Championship.

 

In the trenches:

Raceland returns four offensive linemen who are big, strong, fast, and “experienced”. The guards, Nevan Johnson (Sr 6’4” 290) and Austin Manis (Sr 6’2” 260) will be three year starters. At the tackle positions, Mac Boggs (Sr 6’5” 270) and Alic Risner (Sr 6’2” 270) will be two year starters. All four are “experienced” and veteran linemen. The center position is up for grabs with several options available. Johnson may have to move to center if an underclassman doesn’t step up to the challenge.

 

The defensive line will look much the same as the offensive line with Johnson and Manis the likely defensive tackles and Risner back at his defensive end position. The other end will possible be Zack Litteral (Sr 5’6” 160).

 

The backfield:

The entire backfield will be returning for the Rams in 2013. Three year starter Adam Elkins (Sr 6’0 180) will be at the quarterback position flanked by the running back tandem of Litteral and Daylan Beech (Sr. 6’0” 170). In 2012, Beach rushed for a thousand yards, and Litteral added another 900 yards, in a pass oriented offensive that saw Elkins pass for over 1,500 yards and add another 500 yards rushing.

 

The defensive backfield will be loaded with “experience” and talent. Ball hawking Conner Messer (Jr 6’2” 160 lbs) will be back at safety after recording nine INT’s and three fumble recoveries last year. Two returning starters will be at the corner positions, with Beech and Rodney Vance (Jr. 6’1” 175).

 

Receiving Corp:

“Experience” will again be the key for Raceland with the two leading receivers from a year ago returning, Messer and Vance, who amassed over 1,100 combined yards receiving. At the third receiver position expect to see A.J. Joseph (Sr. 6’0” 140) after he saw time in relief a year ago.

 

At linebacker, Boggs will be a three starter with Timmy McComas (Sr 5’10” 150) and Brady Harris (Sr 5’10” 160) joining him.

 

The Rams will be bigger and more “experienced” then a year ago and expect them to score a lot of points and substitute early to build upon that “experience” for the playoffs and 2014.

  • Author

Raceland Schedule 2013

 

Aug 9 Meet the Rams 7:00 PM

Aug 17 EKG Grid-O- Rama

West Carter at Raceland 8:30 PM

 

Aug 24 Raceland vs. East Carter 7:30 PM EKC

Aug 30 Raceland at Ashland 7:30 PM

Sept 6 Raceland at Boyd County 7:30 PM

Sept 13 Raceland vs. Greenup County 7:30 PM

Sept 20 Raceland at Coal Grove 7:30 PM

Sept 27 Raceland vs. Lawrence County 7:30 PM HOMECOMING

Oct 4 OPEN

Oct 11 Raceland at Nicholas County 7:30 PM D/EKC

Oct 18 Raceland vs. Fairview 7:30 PMD/EKC

Oct 25 Raceland at Paintsville 7:30 PM D/EKC

Nov 1 Raceland vs. Ironton, OH7:30 PM SENIOR NIGHT

 

Nov 8 1st Round Playoffs

Nov 15 2nd Round Playoffs

Nov 22 Regional Finals

Nov 29 Semi-Finals

Dec 6 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

  • Author

Returning Players

 

1 Conner Messer WR/DB Jr

2 Rodney Vance WR/DB Jr

3 Trey Potter WR/DB Jr

4 Kyle Jamison WR/LB So

5 Adam Elkins QB Sr

7 Andrew Salyers RB/DB Sr

8 Carson Christian QB/DB So

10 Josh Young QB/DB Jr

11 AJ Joseph WR/DB Sr

12 Zach Litteral RB/LB Sr

13 Maverick Dixon WR/DB Jr

14 Timmy McComas RB/LB Sr

15 Austen Ball RB/DB So

20 Daylin Beech RB/LD Sr

23 Gabe Sullivan WR/DB Jr

24 Austin Howard WR/DB So

28 Braden Townsend RB/LB So

31 Kane Snyder RB/LB So

35 Brady Harris WR/DB Sr

40 Mac Boggs RB/LB Sr

51 Alex Risner OL/DL Sr

52 Greg Bowling OL/DL Jr

53 Justin Case OL/DL So

56 Caden Townsend OL/DL So

57 Seth Holbrook OL/DL So

58 Cody Lucas OL/DL Jr

59 Dylan Speaks OL/DL So

60 Tanner Coffee OL/DL Jr

61 Alex Niece OL/DL So

62 Spencer McHowell OL/DL Jr

63 Austin Manis OL/DL Sr

64 Alex Thomas OL/DL Jr

65 Nevan Johnson OL/DL Sr

74 Blake Preston OL/DL Sr

75 Christian Sargent OL/DL Jr

77 Lucas Bradley OL/DL Jr

Race land will be very good. I'd try to name a player or two but they have a lot of guys worth mentioning. Can be as good as they want to be.

I am no doubt a Raceland "Homer" but am not over stating just how good this Raceland football team can be, emphasis on "can be". The Rams are loaded with athletes, strength, talent and experience at pretty much every position on the field.

 

I will be 56 yrs. old this football season so I have been around watching Ram football for a long time. I have seen a lot of Raceland teams, good Raceland teams. I can say that I haven't seen or heard more excitement and anticipation for a football season at Raceland in years, maybe ever. Ram can tell you that is a statement from me and some that have been around as long and longer. Especially at a town that pretty much lives, loves, eats and sleeps high school football and expectations are high every season.

I am no doubt a Raceland "Homer" but am not over stating just how good this Raceland football team can be, emphasis on "can be". The Rams are loaded with athletes, strength, talent and experience at pretty much every position on the field.

 

I will be 56 yrs. old this football season so I have been around watching Ram football for a long time. I have seen a lot of Raceland teams, good Raceland teams. I can say that I haven't seen or heard more excitement and anticipation for a football season at Raceland in years, maybe ever. Ram can tell you that is a statement from me and some that have been around as long and longer. Especially at a town that pretty much lives, loves, eats and sleeps high school football and expectations are high every season.

 

I would imagine the Rams are one of the favorites to be playing in Bowling Green.

  • Author
I am no doubt a Raceland "Homer" but am not over stating just how good this Raceland football team can be, emphasis on "can be". The Rams are loaded with athletes, strength, talent and experience at pretty much every position on the field.

 

I will be 56 yrs. old this football season so I have been around watching Ram football for a long time. I have seen a lot of Raceland teams, good Raceland teams. I can say that I haven't seen or heard more excitement and anticipation for a football season at Raceland in years, maybe ever. Ram can tell you that is a statement from me and some that have been around as long and longer. Especially at a town that pretty much lives, loves, eats and sleeps high school football and expectations are high every season.

Expectation are expectations and there are immeasurable expectations for the Rams this season. Now all we need is execution and the players have to take care of that.

I would imagine the Rams are one of the favorites to be playing in Bowling Green.

 

Should this Raceland team work hard every day and dedicate themselves to team goals then things will work out fine. Should they go out with an entitlement "look at me" attitude then they will be preparing earlier than planned on for basketball after an early payoff exit. As Ram said....it's up to them.

Raceland Schedule 2013

 

Aug 9 Meet the Rams 7:00 PM

Aug 17 EKG Grid-O- Rama

West Carter at Raceland 8:30 PM

 

Aug 24 Raceland vs. East Carter 7:30 PM EKC

Aug 30 Raceland at Ashland 7:30 PM

Sept 6 Raceland at Boyd County 7:30 PM

Sept 13 Raceland vs. Greenup County 7:30 PM

Sept 20 Raceland at Coal Grove 7:30 PM

Sept 27 Raceland vs. Lawrence County 7:30 PM HOMECOMING

Oct 4 OPEN

Oct 11 Raceland at Nicholas County 7:30 PM D/EKC

Oct 18 Raceland vs. Fairview 7:30 PMD/EKC

Oct 25 Raceland at Paintsville 7:30 PM D/EKC

Nov 1 Raceland vs. Ironton, OH7:30 PM SENIOR NIGHT

 

Nov 8 1st Round Playoffs

Nov 15 2nd Round Playoffs

Nov 22 Regional Finals

Nov 29 Semi-Finals

Dec 6 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Looking at this schedule I will say that I believe that it is the toughest schedule that I personally have ever seen at Raceland. Raceland has always taken great pride in playing a tough schedule but even with the team the Rams have this season it may be too much. One sure thing is that with a traditional Ohio powerhouse Ironton Tigers team on this years schedule I don't think that Raceland will play anyone in the regular season or playoffs that will be any better unless possibly if they make it to the title game and then it would be very close. Coal Grove is another Ohio school that is always tough and lets face it, at least in our area of KY. the Ohio schools are for the most part better than the KY. schools. Aside from the very good Ohio teams that are new on the schedule is Boyd Co. that will be new and in it's second season with a coach that all are excited about there. Then there is Ashland that imo is always good and will very good again, they have a tradition there second to none. Lawrence Co. imo will be better as well and we all have seen the teams that Fairview has brought in over the last several seasons and no doubt will bring in another good group this season. Fairview has owned the Rams along with the district for several years. I was disappointed that the Russell series ended again after bringing it back for the last six seasons after a very long absence but Russell wanted to go a different direction. I will miss that old rivalry that had been renewed.

So, a tough maybe too much so and definitely one of the toughest schedule ever at Raceland coupled with what should be a very, very good Rams team will make for an exciting season.

  • Author

I was upset as well about the Russell series ending oldrambler. I'm still a little upset, after being told for years that Russell would own Raceland in a series, then the Russell faithful learned the real story. But, after Ironton was added, I was not that upset about Russell dropping Raceland from the schedule. The Ironton game may end up being the most anticipated game ever at Raceland. I have heard a lot of talk around the community about the Ironton game. People seem to be really excited.

 

Adding Coal Grove is a nice addition as well. I think that will be a great game. Ashland has been a great series with both teams having much success. I don't expect that series to change this year with anther great game. All three of these games will be playoff atmospheres that will prepare Raceland for the playoffs.

Raceland Schedule 2013

 

Aug 9 Meet the Rams 7:00 PM

Aug 17 EKG Grid-O- Rama

West Carter at Raceland 8:30 PM

 

Aug 24 Raceland vs. East Carter 7:30 PM EKC

Aug 30 Raceland at Ashland 7:30 PM

Sept 6 Raceland at Boyd County 7:30 PM

Sept 13 Raceland vs. Greenup County 7:30 PM

Sept 20 Raceland at Coal Grove 7:30 PM

Sept 27 Raceland vs. Lawrence County 7:30 PM HOMECOMING

Oct 4 OPEN

Oct 11 Raceland at Nicholas County 7:30 PM D/EKC

Oct 18 Raceland vs. Fairview 7:30 PMD/EKC

Oct 25 Raceland at Paintsville 7:30 PM D/EKC

Nov 1 Raceland vs. Ironton, OH7:30 PM SENIOR NIGHT

 

Nov 8 1st Round Playoffs

Nov 15 2nd Round Playoffs

Nov 22 Regional Finals

Nov 29 Semi-Finals

Dec 6 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

 

I look forward to your prediction about this annual "slobber knocker". OPEN always seems to be on everyones schedule. :lol2:

  • Author
I look forward to your prediction about this annual "slobber knocker". OPEN always seems to be on everyones schedule. :lol2:

Don't worry, we wouldn't miss the annual Raceland vs. OPEN thread. It gets pretty heated every year.

I was upset as well about the Russell series ending oldrambler. I'm still a little upset, after being told for years that Russell would own Raceland in a series, then the Russell faithful learned the real story. But, after Ironton was added, I was not that upset about Russell dropping Raceland from the schedule. The Ironton game may end up being the most anticipated game ever at Raceland. I have heard a lot of talk around the community about the Ironton game. People seem to be really excited.

 

Adding Coal Grove is a nice addition as well. I think that will be a great game. Ashland has been a great series with both teams having much success. I don't expect that series to change this year with anther great game. All three of these games will be playoff atmospheres that will prepare Raceland for the playoffs.

 

I certainly agree about the Russell series, that rivalry went back to the two schools starting a football program, the two located only around a mile and a half apart and the excitement and money to both the game generated to me anyway certainly should have continued. Raceland had begged the Russell admin. to renew the series for years and years, they finally agreed and to end it again after only six games makes no sense. Ram, you may have nailed the reason.

Russell had dropped Ironton as well and it's kind of ironic that Raceland / Ironton starts a series. I know its a home/home series but am unsure how long the contact runs. Anyway, Ironton will certainly bring the fans, will be a great gate and there is no doubt the competition jumped way up from the game that was dropped, hopefully not too much and will be competitive most games. I agree on Coal Grove as well, there is a lot of people that look past them bc Ironton is their neighbor but they can play, are very good.

Edited by oldrambler

I look forward to your prediction about this annual "slobber knocker". OPEN always seems to be on everyones schedule. :lol2:

 

I never know about that one every season season, you can't get a good film on them and most times you can't see what they line up in, its like there not there or something.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.