Ironman 3

Starks

What made TDK so great was obviously Ledger's portrayal of The Joker. The part had already been played wonderfully by Jack Nicholson, but Ledger matched that & perhaps even eclipsed it.

Reading about Iron Man 3, one of the creators said they have to do something with this film that hasn't been done in the first two or with The Avengers. That's what has my curiosity piqued the most.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your auto correct must be on you, typed Spiderman instead of Superman.

Spiderman is the everyman. He's who you'd be if you were a superhero. You have powers, but you still have to hold down a job, provide for yourself and family, etc. It makes him the most relatable superhero by far. Superman is iconic but there's a reason that neither the comics nor the movies perform as well.

Agree with your Superman analysis, but I really believe that's about to change.

The Man of Steel looks great, and I'll definitely see it. And maybe it'll beat The Amazing Spider-Man, which made $750 million. I'm not certain it will have the juice to top Spider-Man 3, which amazingly made $890 million despite being a real piece of crap. Like "forever shook my faith in Sam Raimi" crap.

The Man of Steel looks great, and I'll definitely see it. And maybe it'll beat The Amazing Spider-Man, which made $750 million. I'm not certain it will have the juice to top Spider-Man 3, which amazingly made $890 million despite being a real piece of crap. Like "forever shook my faith in Sam Raimi" crap.

From what I've read, Raimi had his hands tied by studio, who demanded three villains. Raimi basically said that equates to too many cooks in the kitchen, but the studio won out. Regardless, Spidey 3 has to be one of the worst superhero movies ever.

I think Man of Steel will do well in both money & reviews, simply because of Christopher Nolan's involvement.

From what I've read, Raimi had his hands tied by studio, who demanded three villains. Raimi basically said that equates to too many cooks in the kitchen, but the studio won out. Regardless, Spidey 3 has to be one of the worst superhero movies ever.

I think Man of Steel will do well in both money & reviews, simply because of Christopher Nolan's involvement.

Three villains had nothing to do with such great moments as the terrible Saturday Night Fever-style strutting, emo Peter Parker, etc. I had loved the Spider-Man movies to that point, and I for real nearly stood up and walked out of the theater during the strut scene. I own that movie to complete the set but have never opened it. The only time I've seen anything of the movie since is when it comes on FX and I happen to some of it. Then I get angry all over again.

I remember thinking X-Men: The Last Stand was awful. Then I saw Spider-Man 3.

Three villains had nothing to do with such great moments as the terrible Saturday Night Fever-style strutting, emo Peter Parker, etc. I had loved the Spider-Man movies to that point, and I for real nearly stood up and walked out of the theater during the strut scene. I own that movie to complete the set but have never opened it. The only time I've seen anything of the movie since is when it comes on FX and I happen to some of it. Then I get angry all over again.

Oh, I agree with that too. I still think that part could have been redeemed with less clutter in the bad-guy department.