Anderson County 70 Simon Kenton 68 (OT)

You are correct. Meant to say under 2:00. Hard to believe if I hadn't seen it in person. I felt really bad for the SK kids, some of who just collapsed after the game. Congrats to both teams for giving a great sized crowd a great game to watch. I don't ever remember seeing a girls team come back from 10 with 1:30 to win the game.

So many keys of the game. The biggest two which were outlined, turnovers and missed foul shots. SK missed the front end of a one and one and the turned around and missed two in a row. SK's Cook really frustrated Cann and she really was kept in check for much of the game; not sure what she shot but it wasn't good and many of her shots were just heaves at the basket. Tomlin did a good job on McKee but McKee came alive in the last two minutes and OT. The press SK used on two possessions opened up the court for McKee. Cox fouling out of the game was a big hit to SK. To me, Whiteside was the MVP of this game. She played hard and never ran out of gas. Coach Kays; wow, his poise and faith in his team were unreal. He stayed calm even when most in the gym thought the game was over. Owings; tough, tough tough. Refs; never mind.

This game reminds me so much of the 8th Region Final in 2006 when SK played Shelby County. SC was a huge favorite but SK led much of the game and squandered a decent second half lead before losing in OT.

SK brought their A game and had Anderson beat! When you have officials that refuse to call 4th quarter fouls on plays designed to trap and foul to stop the clock, you have a problem! There is nothing more to this story. 3 minutes left, up by 10 and the trap is on. On the inbounds there was holding, on the trap, there was reach in and on the rebound a lot of over the back. Lack of officating put Anderson back in the game and created a landslide for SK. None of Anderson's or SK girls deserved to have their season decided by these officials. I see almost every game at North Oldham and these ref's were horrible. I'd love to send some pics and video to someone who actually cares at KHSAA to keep this from happening next year. .