[TD=colspan: 2]19[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]78[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Covington Catholic (23-6) -- Schuh 2, Pauly 7, Wichmann 6, Theobald 2, Ruthsatz 21, Romes 2, Heppler 8, Tobler 6, Schult 4.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central (23-5) -- Hawkins 10, Bosley 24, Parke 8, Stocker 6, Taylor 15, Walker 8, Jones 4, Jarvis 3.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about what I expected. MadCen is a top team in the state. CovCath fans think their team is a top team in the state like most NKY teams until they get out into the state and see. This loss will help CovCath in the post season.

I don't think any CCH faithful has proclaimed their team to be " a top team in the state."

Top 20? Absolutely.

You also failed to mention that Covcath played without their second leading scorer who is out with an injury. Covcath loses regardless, but it wouldn't have been a blow out like this.

Of course not having Frederick makes a huge difference for the Colonels, and knowing nothing about this game, I can't speak for CovCath and their energy level and attitude entering into this game, but so very often last regular season games can be quite a downer with such distractions as senior night, and possibly for the Colonels having to travel, and perhaps even them looking ahead saving themselves for Holy Cross. Of course Madison Central is top notch but I really wouldn't make too much of this loss. Speaking as a fan it's hard for me to get too up for some of these last regular season games knowing that post-season is right around the corner. I imagine the same thing can happen to players when these games sorta mean nothing and they can't wait to start playing the games that really do. Coaches on the other hand most likely want everything out of their players every time out and see every game as a learning growing tool. Hopefully for the Colonels they at least learned something in this loss...

I got home at around 11:30pm or a bit later (one of the reason that teams like CovCath truly would prefer to go the 8 miles north to play a quality team in Cincinnati, than travel the 103 miles south) and after getting up at 6am and starting work at around 7:30am, quite frankly I was tired and went to bed.

CovCath got off to a very slow start to the tune of 19-1 but came back nicely to be only down 7 at the half 39-32 but then MC went on another quality run and CovCath went stone cold and that was about that.

"The stripes lost control of this game in the 1st quarter" and that is a quote not from me, but from the people at the scoring table on the MC side. Calls that were clearly fouls were ignored such CovCath mugging a MC player on a drive to the basket that sent the kid flying to the ground were completely ignored and a pick that Tobs, while standing completely still while the MC player runs into him, is called a foul on Tobs. Hemmer is given an intentional foul and when Coach R inquired, "was he going for the ball", the Stripe answered yes! "Was our player trying to hurt the other player"? Stripe, No! Then why the international call? "The Stripes had a bad night" and again, that wasn't my quote, but from the MC side of the table!

Now did it matter about the stripes? No, but some crown MC as much better than a Moeller or Withrow but they need to see those Cincinnati teams play, as while MC is good and indeed they are very good, I think Moeller and Withrow on a neutral court gives MC all they can handle and especially Moeller who with their size and strength could match up nicely with MC.

With the loss CovCath drops to 23-6 and next plays Holy Cross District HS at Cov Holmes on Wednesday Feb 20th in the 35th District #2 seed CovCath vs. #3 seed Holy Cross District HS game at 6:30pm.