Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton-Verona 53 Gallatin County 49

Featured Replies

Thought Gallatin did a good job defending the paint considering the circumstances.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Contrary to popular belief, Gallatin does not live and die by the three.

 

You are correct. They average a little over 62 points a game, and I venture to say that the 3 point shot accounts for maybe 15-18 per game.

Congrats to the Bearcats on the win and to the Wildcats for making it a very enjoyable game to watch. One question I have. I know that Walton had all of their players back but wasn't Gallatin missing another starter? I was told the girl with the knee injury had been a starter but weren't they missing another guard, Bowman maybe? If that is the case, then that was probably a "good loss" , if there is one, for Gallatin being without two of their starters

Role reversal: the perimeter guard oriented team shoots 11 and the bigs shoot 24. Go figure.

 

I would say it is what I would have expected. Gallatin packed it in and played solid defense against WV's bigs, leaving the perimeter shots available, so WV took them. Conversely WV lived in Hannah Dosset's shirt, and double teamed her often to get her to pass the ball daring someone else to beat them.

 

Great strategies by both coaching staffs. Good execution by both sets of players. Factor in a few questionable calls both ways and a technical foul on the bench and WV comes out the winner. Great game, and good luck to both teams in the tournament.

  • Author

A couple of other interesting tidbits. Four GC starters played all 32 minutes and the fifth played all but about 30 seconds. Also, no fouls were called in the third quarter and neither team got to the bonus in the game...

I would say it is what I would have expected. Gallatin packed it in and played solid defense against WV's bigs, leaving the perimeter shots available, so WV took them. Conversely WV lived in Hannah Dosset's shirt, and double teamed her often to get her to pass the ball daring someone else to beat them.

 

Great strategies by both coaching staffs. Good execution by both sets of players. Factor in a few questionable calls both ways and a technical foul on the bench and WV comes out the winner. Great game, and good luck to both teams in the tournament.

I believe the point guard to be Brooke Dossett, not Hannah, and WV still had a very hard time containing her even with the double team. I agree there were some questionable calls made both ways but think the technical really didn't factor much into the outcome with 4 seconds left on the clock, Walton having the ball and GC still needing to commit 3 more fouls before WV would be in the bonus. If the assistant coach hadn't gotten the technical,the head coach would have gotten one anyway.
A couple of other interesting tidbits. Four GC starters played all 32 minutes and the fifth played all but about 30 seconds. Also, no fouls were called in the third quarter and neither team got to the bonus in the game...

 

Gallatin could have used a couple of subs last night. Lack of bench hurt them.

Walton-Verona 53, Gallatin County 49

Gallatin County- B. Dossett 5 3 15, H. Dossett 6 0 16, Hignite 1 1 3, Satchwell 3 0 6, Wesley 3 3 9. Totals: 18 7 49.

 

Walton-Verona (17-7)- Clinkenbeard 3 0 9, Mills 0 2 2, Mullikin 1 0 3, Ison 1 0 3, Sandlin 2 2 6, McAdams 4 0 8, Judy 8 2 18, Zwick 2 0 4. Totals: 21 6 53.

 

Halftime: Walton-Verona 29-28. 3-Pointers: W 5 (Clinkenbeard 3, Mullikin, Ison); G 6 (H. Dossett 4, B. Dossett 2)

Gallatin could have used a couple of subs last night. Lack of bench hurt them.
Fatigue was not a factor in this game.

Congrats to Coach Clink and his team on a hard fought win. Great atmosphere for high school basketball.

Fatigue was not a factor in this game.

 

Agreed. I saw no real signs of fatigue. The game had a couple of long segments of slow down, zone defense basketball that made fatigue and depth less of an issue.

I believe the point guard to be Brooke Dossett, not Hannah, and WV still had a very hard time containing her even with the double team. I agree there were some questionable calls made both ways but think the technical really didn't factor much into the outcome with 4 seconds left on the clock, Walton having the ball and GC still needing to commit 3 more fouls before WV would be in the bonus. If the assistant coach hadn't gotten the technical,the head coach would have gotten one anyway.

 

I am not certain that the head coach would have gotten one in this case, the whole gym saw the timeout being called and how the ref missed it is beyond me. However, the second the Asst. Coach started addressing the ref in that manner it had to be given. Did the "T" play a factor, I think slightly, anything could have happened on the upcoming inbound.

I am not certain that the head coach would have gotten one in this case, the whole gym saw the timeout being called and how the ref missed it is beyond me. However, the second the Asst. Coach started addressing the ref in that manner it had to be given. Did the "T" play a factor, I think slightly, anything could have happened on the upcoming inbound.
Agreed.
I am not certain that the head coach would have gotten one in this case, the whole gym saw the timeout being called and how the ref missed it is beyond me. However, the second the Asst. Coach started addressing the ref in that manner it had to be given. Did the "T" play a factor, I think slightly, anything could have happened on the upcoming inbound.
Good officials do not miss that. But, to assume that the "T" decided the game is flawed logic. That would be the same as assuming that the timeout not being called decided the game.
Good officials do not miss that. But, to assume that the "T" decided the game is flawed logic. That would be the same as assuming that the timeout not being called decided the game.

 

I never said it decided the game. However, 2 free throws and the ball back with seven seconds to play sure is a lot better than going the length of the floor. I would take my chances to get a steal on that full court inbound play any day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.