Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky @ Ole Miss

Who Wins 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Buckner is from Memphis I assumed it went without saying. But, seriously it goes back to my premises that certain players are the type that when they are on your team you love them and when they are against you you hate em.

 

No doubt. I just don't see how anyone can say that about Henderson. A guy that shoots 38% from the floor is not a good player, especially when he shoots nearly 20 times a game.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I never got that from Liggins or realize he was disliked in the same ilk. Not that he was a choir boy, but not that he was universally disliked figure that only your team roots for.

 

He wasn't.

No doubt. I just don't see how anyone can say that about Henderson. A guy that shoots 38% from the floor is not a good player, especially when he shoots nearly 20 times a game.

 

Most of it has to do with analyst seeing what they see. They don't watch most Ole Miss games, but when they show up and watch him go off twice against UT, and hit 3 or 4 deep 3's in a row or when they only watch the final shot to end regulation at Vandy, they think he does it all the time.

He was also arrested while at TT according to the Grantland article I read about him. That makes 2.

 

Sounds like a real class act/pillar of the community, :lol:. Regardless of the kid being a classic jerk the Cats cannot let him get in their head and the "D" has to get in the Henderson's kid face and stay there, I would start picking him up in pre game.

Ole Miss has more than him to deal with, they are a very good team. I know that not much looks in their favor but I just think that UK will get the upset tonight. :idunno:

 

UK by 5

  • Author

WCS has made the trip and is a game-time decision per Coach Cal.

Just on a side note about the Henderson kid, Should I had been his coach and the kid does what he did at the end of their Auburn game he would have started running after that game and stop right before this one along with sitting this one out. There is NO place for that in basketball. jmo

WCS has made the trip and is a game-time decision per Coach Cal.

 

An interesting question will now be if he would do more harm than good playing. I personally think UK needs him to have another big body in the rotation. However, if he isn't back to form yet he could be more of a liability than an asset. Either way, long term UK needs him back to form and he'll have to play through any rust to get there.

Just on a side note about the Henderson kid, Should I had been his coach and the kid does what he did at the end of their Auburn game he would have started running after that game and stop right before this one along with sitting this one out. There is NO place for that in basketball.

 

I'm sure if you were coaching for your 1.5 million a year job you might feel differently.

  • Author
I'm sure if you were coaching for your 1.5 million a year job you might feel differently.

 

I have no issue with that or the trash-talking during the games. I'm not a fan of his criminal record or the way he runs his mouth non-stop off the court. :D

  • Author
An interesting question will now be if he would do more harm than good playing. I personally think UK needs him to have another big body in the rotation. However, if he isn't back to form yet he could be more of a liability than an asset. Either way, long term UK needs him back to form and he'll have to play through any rust to get there.

 

I think if you're going to play him, do so sparingly, and around media TOs to help give Noel a couple extra breathers here and there. Personally, I doubt he plays.

I think if you're going to play him, do so sparingly, and around media TOs to help give Noel a couple extra breathers here and there. Personally, I doubt he plays.

 

That would be smart, it might almost be worth a foul here and there from your guys at like the 13 minute mark in the 2nd half and such to have a chance to sub him in. I know it's not often you plan to tell one of your guys to commit a foul, but if the clock doesn't stop you miss the opportunities you are talking about.

I have no issue with that or the trash-talking during the games. I'm not a fan of his criminal record or the way he runs his mouth non-stop off the court. :D

 

From talking to the people I know that is just his personality, it is definitely a turn off to some, but it is who he is. From everything I've been told he's a lot more bark than bite. The criminal record is what it is, not something anyone can defend, you just hope that he's learned his lesson. The counterfeit money makes it so much worse, if not for that it's just another 18 year old with weed, and the 2nd arrest for parole violation likely doesn't happen either.

post deleted by oldrambler.

Edited by oldrambler

I'm sure if you were coaching for your 1.5 million a year job you might feel differently.

 

No I can honestly say that I wouldn't. A little trash talking, getting under an opponets skin is expected. A kid after the game running up to the crowd, taunting, generally making a badonkadonk of yourself not to mention your school/team is not. At least it's not with me.

There is a common phrase that I like in that kind of situation....."Act like you have done it (win) before". That's just the way I personally feel.

Not Jerry Tipton @NotJerryTipton

Marshall Henderson said he'd show UK "the real national champ." As real as the counterfeit money with which you tried to buy weed, Marshall.

 

and another...

 

U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens > Thurgood Marshall > Marshall Mathers > Marshall Tucker Band > Marshall Applewhite > Marshall Henderson.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.