Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best guard in the 13th region??

What Say You? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. What Say You?

    • Stuart Miller - Middlesboro
      17%
      7
    • Ty Proffitt - South Laurel
      82%
      32

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I watched Profitt play in the state tourney last year and he makes everyone around him better...He could play on alot of teams and average 30+ a game..

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proffitt by a LANDSLIDE.

Rather have a player that plays some type of D. If you want to shoot all day and play no 'D' go to the Optimist League.

You cant play that way in the Optimist League only the NBA and Men's Rec. League games lol, Miller is very good at what he does but Profitt is much better at playing basketball team wise the way it should be. Granted he has a lot more talent around him and a coaching staff that demands this type play.

That's easy, Miller. Cause he's clutch man! :D

If he is so clutch why has his team only won a handful of games?

Let's also just say that if your team is Middlesboro and you are down by two points with a minute left and both teams are in bonus, which player would you want running point??

 

 

Let's say your team is down two points and you need a key defensive stop by Miller or Proffitt, who would it be?

Proffitt, the kid plays 'D' while Miller would be snowbirding to get his two.

Scoring 30 points a pop, while playing no defense sure doesn't impress me.

Nope. You're still ducking.

 

You are right. The poll said guard, which encompasses both positions. I am with you, ... I would hate to turn down Miller, but I would have to take Proffitt.

I watched Profitt play in the state tourney last year and he makes everyone around him better...He could play on alot of teams and average 30+ a game..

 

We have a winner! You nailed it! :thumb:

We have a winner! You nailed it! :thumb:

Proffitt. He is the best.

  • Author
By the way, ukbellco14, you never got a chance to answer this...

 

"That is the definition of a gutsy player. HaHa. So you are telling me that if I still played high school basketball, if I took every last second shot I could and didn't make any, I would still be clutch. Because as you said, it isn't whether I made the shots or not??

 

If so, then you use the term clutch more loosely than any person I've met. " -me

 

I agree with you..... you are right, I was wrong.... I wasnt being too clear, and tried to argue my way out of a point I never intentionally meant to make.

 

However, in my defense, I was not talking about only that shot in the NL game that Miller passed on, but Miller as a player as a whole. If you take the final shot (speaking of 1 game, and 1 shot) and you miss it, you are gutsy but not clutch.... I totally agree. If you make it, then you are clutch in that moment..... I agree. However..... if you never make another game winner are you still clutch??? I mean where do you draw the line. We could go back and forth all day about this, considering you obviously know something about argumentation and logic.

 

So here it is:

Gutsy Player = being willing to take the shot

Clutch Player = being willing to take the shot and making it SOME of the time (Even MJ said he missed more then he made)

 

What I was simply trying to say was that in order to be a "clutch player" you have to be willing and desirous to take that last shot and put your team, and the game on your shoulders, regardless of whether you are going to make it or not. Of course you have to make some of them in order to be considered clutch. You are right..... if you take every shot and miss them all you arent a clutch player, but at the same time you dont have to make them all in order to be a clutch player either..... but that isnt what I meant.

 

I was simply showing that if Miller didnt have the guts to throw up that final shot regardless of if he was double teamed or not, considering he was the hot hand, then he wasnt gutsy or clutch IMO.

  • Author
Two different players at two different positions. Profitt is a true point guard. Miller is a shooting guard who runs the point occasionally to get his shot off. I can't vote on this one

 

Why can't ya vote...... if Miller isnt a "true" PG, that only plays that position occasionally, then that should make it an easy vote! Proffit all the way! Or is it just too hard for you to admit that! :D I agree with you totally though. I just find it funny how when the rubber meets the road and you have to choose a PG for your team.... all these Pro-Miller fans, if you will, choose either choose Proffitt over Miller, or just seem to refuse to vote.

 

Also...... I find it interesting how some Pro-Miller fans on this board think Miller can be considered a PG and some think he can't?

  • Author
Let's also just say that if your team is Middlesboro and you are down by two points with a minute left and both teams are in bonus, which player would you want running point??

 

That wasnt the question that this thread was posted under! If you want to start a new thread with that question then go right ahead! :thumb:

It's an easy one!!!!!

Proffitt

That wasnt the question that this thread was posted under! If you want to start a new thread with that question then go right ahead! :thumb:

 

Well I mean it would depend. A situation is needed. Whether they are playing PG (Proffitt's true position) or SG (Miller's true position), whether they are playing for a team with talent like Middlesboro's where they need a scorer badly or a team like South Laurel where everyone on the team can score and they just need someone to control the ball.

 

In my opinion, I would rather have Miller either way because I think he has skills that he hasn't been able to showcase.

 

However, I would say many other people would want Miller as well if they needed a guard to play at Middlesboro.

  • Author
Well I mean it would depend. A situation is needed. Whether they are playing PG (Proffitt's true position) or SG (Miller's true position), whether they are playing for a team with talent like Middlesboro's where they need a scorer badly or a team like South Laurel where everyone on the team can score and they just need someone to control the ball.

 

In my opinion, I would rather have Miller either way because I think he has skills that he hasn't been able to showcase.

 

However, I would say many other people would want Miller as well if they needed a guard to play at Middlesboro.

 

It would not depend on this thread....... read the first post I made...... I said "all things being equal, who would you choose"....... so when you make your choice you must make it under the condition that which ever player you choose would be playing on a team of equal talent as the player you didnt choose, whether equally bad (M'boro) or equally good (SL).

 

You said you would rather have Miller either way...... so it looks as if you did exactly that! :thumb:

Why can't ya vote...... if Miller isnt a "true" PG, that only plays that position occasionally, then that should make it an easy vote! Proffit all the way! Or is it just too hard for you to admit that! :D I agree with you totally though. I just find it funny how when the rubber meets the road and you have to choose a PG for your team.... all these Pro-Miller fans, if you will, choose either choose Proffitt over Miller, or just seem to refuse to vote.

 

Also...... I find it interesting how some Pro-Miller fans on this board think Miller can be considered a PG and some think he can't?

 

Is this the reason that you made the poll? Is it that your really interested or is it that you want to set up a poll that gives you the answer that you want?

I would think that if some ppl think that he is a point and some doesn't, that would be a positive for what all that he is capable of doing.

  • Author
Is this the reason that you made the poll? Is it that your really interested or is it that you want to set up a poll that gives you the answer that you want?

I would think that if some ppl think that he is a point and some doesn't, that would be a positive for what all that he is capable of doing.

 

No that isnt my reason..... just making a valid point. If Miller even plays point 1/3 of the time for M'boro then he qualifys..... everyone should be able to vote. I was simply pointing out that he appeared to be dunking the question...... and he responded with a choice.

 

By the way......... anyone know how Proffitt performed tonight against NCH?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.