Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best guard in the 13th region??

What Say You? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. What Say You?

    • Stuart Miller - Middlesboro
      17%
      7
    • Ty Proffitt - South Laurel
      82%
      32

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Arguably the two best guards in the 13th region, and two of the best players in the state, are Stuart Miller from Middleboro and Ty Proffitt from South Laurel...... all things being equal...... you need a PG to lead your team....... who do you pick?

 

Just to rehash some of what has been said (I'm being as objective and unbiased as I can) ...

 

1.) Miller is the better 3 point shooter, can create his own shot, and is more athletically gifted

2.) Proffitt is the better leader, defender, and smarter player

3.) Miller has done what he has done with zero talent surrounding him on one of the worst teams in the region, BUT against mediocre (at best) competition

4.) Proffitt has accomplished what he has against some of the best competition around, BUT he plays on one of the best teams in the state with a great supporting cast

5.) The knock on Miller is that he is 1 dimensional as a player and a poor defender

6.) The knock on Proffitt is that he isnt athletic enough and is purely the product of a great supporting cast

 

Whose your pick and why?

(You don't have to be from the 13th region to make a post or vote, but please have some knowledge of each player and give us the reasoning behind your choice)

 

Ding Ding Ding..... Let's get it on!!! :D

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

My vote goes to Proffitt for reasons that most of you who will vote already know, so I wont repeat myself!

Proffitt by a LANDSLIDE.

Rather have a player that plays some type of D. If you want to shoot all day and play no 'D' go to the Optimist League.

Profitt--State Champion

Profitt--State Champion

 

Hate to turn down one or the other, but I guess I'd take Proffitt...He's got one more year and his overall experience nudges him ( in a photo finish) ahead of Miller. :thumb:

Stuart Miller - Middlesboro High School

 

Great player ,competitor and also a GREAT KID!

 

Many times in the past he has gone into the other teams dressing room after a lose to congratulate them.

 

Plays great with double and sometimes triple teams because the other team knows he is going to get the shot.

 

Could have transferred to a better team (maybe a team In TN) and got more recognition but hey that's not his style.

By the way, ukbellco14, you never got a chance to answer this...

 

"That is the definition of a gutsy player. HaHa. So you are telling me that if I still played high school basketball, if I took every last second shot I could and didn't make any, I would still be clutch. Because as you said, it isn't whether I made the shots or not??

 

If so, then you use the term clutch more loosely than any person I've met. " -me

Two different players at two different positions. Profitt is a true point guard. Miller is a shooting guard who runs the point occasionally to get his shot off. I can't vote on this one

Two different players at two different positions. Profitt is a true point guard. Miller is a shooting guard who runs the point occasionally to get his shot off. I can't vote on this one

 

Looks like you're taking the easy way out. :cool:

Looks like you're taking the easy way out. :cool:

ok, If I need a shooting guard I'm going with Miller. If I need a point guard I'm going with Profitt. Does that help? :thumb:

ok, If I need a shooting guard I'm going with Miller. If I need a point guard I'm going with Profitt. Does that help? :thumb:

 

Nope. You're still ducking.

Let's also just say that if your team is Middlesboro and you are down by two points with a minute left and both teams are in bonus, which player would you want running point??

Let's also just say that if your team is Middlesboro and you are down by two points with a minute left and both teams are in bonus, which player would you want running point??

 

That one is easy, especially if Miller is third in the state in ft% as someone said in the other thread.

Let's also just say that if your team is Middlesboro and you are down by two points with a minute left and both teams are in bonus, which player would you want running point??

 

That's easy, Miller. Cause he's clutch man! :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.