Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC at Cooper (12/4)

Featured Replies

Big 9th Region battle Tuesday night at Cooper between preseason #1 and #2.

 

Cooper will come in 1-0 after beating Walton in their first game, despite being short handed.

 

Newcath comes in 2-0 after a blowout win over Ludlow and a close W over Dixie.

 

Looking at the matchups, we should expect a very good game.

 

Morgan v Pangallo

Collins v Beuter

Maniacci v Schulte

Shelton v McDonald

 

What are the keys for both teams?

 

Newcath will need to shoot well from outside, as Cooper is one of the few teams in the region that can match up with the Breds' size down low.

 

Can Seibert be the difference at the 3 with his size?

 

How will Cooper play as a team with the football guys coming back after a state championship run?

 

Guys like Spencer Holland will really have to step up for Cooper, especially with Newcath showing some zone and forcing Cooper to play outside.

 

Thoughts?

  • Author

Can a mod edit the thread title?

 

Should read Newport Catholic AT Cooper.

 

Thanks.

Should be a good one. Cooper gym will be "rockin" and Grant will have his "Bred's" ready. Get there early and...............

I will expect NCC to be the favorite although I will be rooting hard for the Jag's. I'm not sure if the football guys have taken any shots yet and would like to see them take a week off and get refreshed. Good early season battle but means little this early.

Looking forward to seeing this one.

 

Walter, you better make sure you fill your gas tank with that long ride from your house to Cooper. :lol:

I would expect Holland and Hathorn to get the start for the Jags. No way Collins/Shelton and Morgan can jump in the saddle this early.

  • Author
Looking forward to seeing this one.

 

Walter, you better make sure you fill your gas tank with that long ride from your house to Cooper. :lol:

 

I have to work late that day but I'll still be there. Good thing I live so close. Turn right out of my subdivision, go 1/2 mile up the road and I'm there. :lol:

I don't see this game being very telling. Football players will have one day MAX of practice.

  • Author

I agree, Clyde.

 

I think this will be a much better game later in the year but this will definetly let us know where Cooper is RIGHT NOW.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see any football players on the court for Cooper.

Tri State Internet Sports Radio will be @ Cooper to broadcast the game Tuesday Night. We are hoping to be able to do the video LIVE as well. Won't know until early Tuesday afternoon. Watch our IHigh.com page. Should be a great game.

Is Maniacci playing ??? I've been hearing conflicting things all weekend.

Newport Catholic 56-52.

Is Maniacci playing ??? I've been hearing conflicting things all weekend.

 

Good question. That's one more reason this game tells us nothing about Cooper.

My understanding is that all of the football players except for Shelton are going to take a week off before starting basketball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.