Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 77 Scott 56

Featured Replies

Who got the T's?

 

Uebel, and the bench got two t's.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One on a player for saying "I think I was pushed"--Really pushing the envelope, and another on the bench for "getting out of their seat"!! And yes, they did weather the storm, not lose their cool; and regain the lead at the half, to set up the 3rd quarter 23-7 put-away!!

 

Come on BG "I think I was pushed"....And if the bench for "getting out of their seat"!! If that was the case coach Carr and Grey would never see the end of a game. :rolleyes:;)

Brossart is better than Scott, but Scott probably played their worst game of the year. Some of it was contributed by Brossart's good defense and good shooting, but Scott did a lot of self inflicting damage. You can't turn the ball over as much as Scott does and not have it come back to hurt you.

 

Tiger, don't be too hard on your boys, as good "D" apparently did contribute to many of those turnovers and BB had quite a few of their own. I thought Sharp and Quigley played very good games, and Howard was solid, if not spectacular. My sources at the game said they weren't quite sure when the game got away from Scott, but the difference seemed to be halftime adjustments and BB's inside depth. Great game and valuable minutes by Kyle Luebbers, especially with Cooper in foul trouble the whole game.

Tiger, don't be too hard on your boys, as good "D" apparently did contribute to many of those turnovers and BB had quite a few of their own. I thought Sharp and Quigley played very good games, and Howard was solid, if not spectacular. My sources at the game said they weren't quite sure when the game got away from Scott, but the difference seemed to be halftime adjustments and BB's inside depth. Great game and valuable minutes by Kyle Luebbers, especially with Cooper in foul trouble the whole game.

 

Scott has only two consistent players, Howard & Sharp. They need the other three starters to step up or Scott's season will be over quickly in the postseason.

Come on BG "I think I was pushed"....And if the bench for "getting out of their seat"!! If that was the case coach Carr and Grey would never see the end of a game. :rolleyes:;)

 

Roll your eyes all you want, but I'm just reporting what I was told by a very reliable source. I believe the "rule" is after one "T" on the bench, the coaches can't get out of their seat again, or something to that effect. Apparently the officiating wasn't the best, and they lost control of the game a couple times?? Not sure, but I think I heard they called 50+ fouls?? Maybe someone who was there with better stats can confirm??

Brossart is better than Scott, but Scott probably played their worst game of the year. Some of it was contributed by Brossart's good defense and good shooting, but Scott did a lot of self inflicting damage. You can't turn the ball over as much as Scott does and not have it come back to hurt you.

Brossart's defense will make it seem like you played your worst game of the year. I'm sure most of the turnovers were caused by Brossart's defense. Sounds like Scott might need to make some defensive adjustments. Brossart is going to play great defense and more often than not take your best scorer out of his game. Letting them score in the 70's just isn't going to get the job done.

I'll give you that with your source BG...i listened to the game for awhile but with the whistles being blown as much as they were and what sounded like some real bizzare calls i lost interest. :irked:

Brossart's defense will make it seem like you played your worst game of the year. I'm sure most of the turnovers were caused by Brossart's defense. Sounds like Scott might need to make some defensive adjustments. Brossart is going to play great defense and more often than not take your best scorer out of his game. Letting them score in the 70's just isn't going to get the job done.

 

To quote Striker--"These aren't your father's Mustangs"!! They are now averaging 60+ points, which isn't exactly an offensive explosion, but isn't the BBHS of "Willie-Ball" fame either!! As Mustang said during the webcast, these "new-era Mustangs" might be growing up a little!! Remember, this team features four new starters; and not many real varsity contributors from last year!!

To quote Striker--"These aren't your father's Mustangs"!! They are now averaging 60+ points, which isn't exactly an offensive explosion, but isn't the BBHS of "Willie-Ball" fame either!! As Mustang said during the webcast, these "new-era Mustangs" might be growing up a little!! Remember, this team features four new starters; and not many real varsity contributors from last year!!

I'm not saying they can't score, that was my whole point. You have to play some defense to beat this team. Just wondering how many did they score in their loss against HC?

I'll give you that with your source BG...i listened to the game for awhile but with the whistles being blown as much as they were and what sounded like some real bizzare calls i lost interest. :irked:

 

I listened as well, and thought I was going to miss Boston Legal for a while!! It became obvious the officials had "rabbit ears" in the second half, when they hit Scott with a "T" or two as well!! I heard the officiating precedent was set in the JV game!!

I'm not saying they can't score, that was my whole point. You have to play some defense to beat this team. Just wondering how many did they score in their loss against HC?

 

Not enough!! But more than 29 I think!! :D

Tiger, don't be too hard on your boys, as good "D" apparently did contribute to many of those turnovers and BB had quite a few of their own. I thought Sharp and Quigley played very good games, and Howard was solid, if not spectacular. My sources at the game said they weren't quite sure when the game got away from Scott, but the difference seemed to be halftime adjustments and BB's inside depth. Great game and valuable minutes by Kyle Luebbers, especially with Cooper in foul trouble the whole game.

 

Brossart went on a nice little run in the 2nd quarter when Howard left the game after taking an errant elbow under his right eye. They never looked back after that.

Roll your eyes all you want, but I'm just reporting what I was told by a very reliable source. I believe the "rule" is after one "T" on the bench, the coaches can't get out of their seat again, or something to that effect.

 

I recently had it explained to me and I will try to repeat it as best as I can.

 

The head coach is responsible for everyone on his or her bench. If someone on the bench gets a technical foul called on them, then it is an "indirect technical foul" on the coach and he or she has to remain seated for the rest of the game except for certain situations.

 

If a coach gets 3 indirect technicals, then that coach is ejected from the game.

 

If the coach gets 2 "direct" technicals, the coach is also ejected from the game.

 

The way I understand it, he or she could get combinations before being ejected (1 direct, 2 indirect; 2 direct; 3 indirect).

 

If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me. I'm trying to repeat what I was told.

All i know is Scott has a lot of re evaluating to do. The guards look to shoot off the dribble to much and they don't look for Howard has much as they should. In the 1st and 2nd quarter i don't know how many times Howard was one on one down low and didn't see the ball. Howard will win those match-ups. I'm guessin right now Scott is no were near as good as we thought, well at least as good as i thought.

Brossart looks to be the real deal in my eyes. I agree with Tiger in that Brossart will be the favorite next year, and has a legit chance to take the 10th this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.