Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Offseason: Decision Time

Featured Replies

What are the key decisions?

 

Dusty is coming back so that's not one.

 

1. Leadoff hitter

2. Chapman's role

3. Stubbs

  • Replies 134
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. 3rd baseman?

 

 

Stubbs is a huge question mark. I don't think you can go into the season with him as the starting CFer.

  • Author
4. 3rd baseman?

 

 

Stubbs is a huge question mark. I don't think you can go into the season with him as the starting CFer.

 

I thought about 3B but I just assumed it's Frazier's job. Rolen will retire.

What are the key decisions?

 

Dusty is coming back so that's not one.

 

1. Leadoff hitter

2. Chapman's role

3. Stubbs

 

I'm not so sure about Dusty.

  • Author
I'm not so sure about Dusty.

 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't return.

I thought about 3B but I just assumed it's Frazier's job. Rolen will retire.

 

I was thinking same but Fraziers play down the stretch has me a little worried. He hit .176 in Sept/Oct.

I'm not so sure about Dusty.

 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't return.

 

Agreed, about 100% chance he's back unless he can't manage due to health.

1. Ludwick- Does he opt out, and test the market?

 

2. If you put Chapman in the rotiaton ( I wouldn't) what do you do with Leake?

 

3. How does Cingrani fit into your plans? Starter? Lefty out of the pen if Chapman is in rotation?

 

4. Do you pick up the option on Madson?

 

5. Do you bring Broxton back?

 

6. Does Hamilton make the team coming out of Arizona?

 

7. Can Frazier be your every day 3B?

  • Author

Cowboy says he would not put Chapman in the rotation.

I think everyone can agree the 2 biggest question marks are do you bring back Cairo and Valdez? :D:lol:

 

 

 

We should at least see an improved bench next year with guys like Henry Rodriguez and Didi Gregorious ready to take over for the two mentioned above. Hopefully we'll also see an improved Mesoraco next year as well. Having Paul for a full season should help out also.

Agreed, about 100% chance he's back unless he can't manage due to health.

 

I would have agreed before the collapse in the playoffs. It wasn't Dusty's fault but stranger things have happened.

I would have agreed before the collapse in the playoffs. It wasn't Dusty's fault but stranger things have happened.

 

Not a huge Dusty fan, but the players love him. Love playing for him. I'm kind of shocked I'm typing this myself, but not sure who they could get that would be a better choice right now.

I was thinking same but Fraziers play down the stretch has me a little worried. He hit .176 in Sept/Oct.

 

He had a solid overall season. He's young enough to think he can adapt to the adjustments that the league made to him after they got a look at him. He might not be an All Star but he can give them decent production there at a good price.

I would have agreed before the collapse in the playoffs. It wasn't Dusty's fault but stranger things have happened.

 

Agreed. Look what happened with Terry Francona after last season in Boston--and he had led the team to two World Series titles. The players loved him as well.

Not a huge Dusty fan, but the players love him. Love playing for him. I'm kind of shocked I'm typing this myself, but not sure who they could get that would be a better choice right now.

 

I don't think Walt has ever been a huge Dusty fan. They seemed to be grooming David Bell to take over

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.