Damien Harris-Madison Southern

BIG_BALLIN

Details for those of us that aren't familiar with the young man, please?

He's good. A SO that has 9 D1 scholarships. He has offer's from Fresno State, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, Syracuse, Wake Forest with Oregon being the latest one, or at least that's what I'm told. Outside of Trinity, he's the best/fastest Running Back in Kentucky. He is the reason why Madison Southern will be competing for a District Title.

Check out his profile

Damien Harris - Yahoo! Sports

He's right up their with them. Stats according to KHSAA. (all of Bourbon's games are updated) (Madison Southern is missing stats from this past Friday's game with Southwestern) (Franklin County is missing stats from this past Friday's game with West Jessamine)

Hopkins - 5 Games, 52 carries, 565 yards, 8 TD

Harris - 4 games, 47 carries, 666 yards, 13 TD

Timmons - 4 games, 20 carries, 384 yards, 4 TD

Here's the 3 team's opponent's records

Madison Southern's (3-2) Opponents 14-12

Franklin County's (6-0) Opponents 13-23

Bourbon County's (5-0) Opponents 7-17

Edited by All State Baseball

IMO He is not the best/fastest RB in KY. Kentayvous Hopkins of Bourbon is faster and better than him as is Ryan Timmons of Franklin County.

Well Ryan Timmons is also over two years older, and yes Timmons is about a half step faster, they raced three times last year in track. Hopkins is very good, but he also has better players to go along with him. You can argue for any three of these kids and not be wrong. Nonetheless, Damien is a great kid. He is still 15 years old, makes great grades, and is a yes sir, no sir kid. Nobody said he was the best back in the state right now, but I'll say he is the best sophomore in the state, and at this point is one of the best backs overall in the state as well. I just hope people come to Madison Southern and watch this kid play and make up their own mind.

From what I've seen in highlite films, the kids the real deal. Very good size and will only get bigger and stronger. I like him better than the RB from Trinity already. Haven't seen Hopkins, so, can't really compare the 2. Timmons is a WR/SR, so, I wouldn't compare those 2 anyway.

He is a sophomore' date=' but has to be the best one in the state, and may be a top 10 player in this state right now. Some of you out there my laugh a little at this, but come to Berea and watch this kid and then tell me he isn't. Go Eagles![/quote']

Hopkins stats are deceiving , has has only played until half time

In each of Bourbon's games.

Well Ryan Timmons is also over two years older, and yes Timmons is about a half step faster, they raced three times last year in track. Hopkins is very good, but he also has better players to go along with him. You can argue for any three of these kids and not be wrong. Nonetheless, Damien is a great kid. He is still 15 years old, makes great grades, and is a yes sir, no sir kid. Nobody said he was the best back in the state right now, but I'll say he is the best sophomore in the state, and at this point is one of the best backs overall in the state as well. I just hope people come to Madison Southern and watch this kid play and make up their own mind.

All state said outside of TRinity he was the best/fastest back in the state. JMO he is not better than Hopkins. His yahoo profile said he ran 4.51 Hopkins ran 4.41 at UK camp last summer. Stats wise Hopkins could have over 1000 yards if he didnt just have to play half the game.

You make a good point that Harris is just a sophmore and may need up being better by the time he is a senior but IMO not right now.

He's right up their with them. Stats according to KHSAA. (all of Bourbon's games are updated) (Madison Southern is missing stats from this past Friday's game with Southwestern) (Franklin County is missing stats from this past Friday's game with West Jessamine)

Hopkins - 5 Games, 52 carries, 565 yards, 8 TD

Harris - 4 games, 47 carries, 666 yards, 13 TD

Timmons - 4 games, 20 carries, 384 yards, 4 TD

Here's the 3 team's opponent's records

Madison Southern's (3-2) Opponents 14-12

Franklin County's (6-0) Opponents 13-23

Bourbon County's (5-0) Opponents 7-17

Would have liked to see him play against Bourbon's defense that would have given us a better comparsion of the 2 head to head.

Would have liked to see him play against Bourbon's defense that would have given us a better comparsion of the 2 head to head.

Stats for Bourbon/Madison Southern Game back on August 24

Hopkins 16 carries, 185 yards, 2 TD's

Harris Didn't play this game for some reason.

Stats up-to-date (September 24)

Hopkins 52 carries, 565 yards, 8 TD's

Harris 61 carries, 926 yards, 18 TD's

If Colleges are looking at Hopkins, which I'd say they are, they'd be crazy not too, they may be limiting his carriers per quarter/game like Tennessee did Channing Fugate several years ago. I'm not taking nothing away from any of these 3 players, they all are phenomenal and If I was a head coach, I'd want any 1 of the 3 on my team