Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 44 Marshall County 7

Featured Replies

Big Red rolling!

Sorta ho hum. Not as crisp as last week but Marshall stayed mostly on the ground and played ball keep away.

Maybe ho hum, but, QB Jake Guhy was 18 of 21 for 287 yds and 6 TD passes, setting a school record for most TD passes in a game, breaking his brother, Lukes record.

Man, when he's on, he's about as accurate as it gets.

No doubt tonight we seemed to just fo through the motions, very ho hum but Guhy was brutal on the Marshall's. He could not throw a deep ball accurately last year but he sure can this year. Guhy is somthing like 40-45 the last 2 games. Nice to see Mix have a big night and reciever and Jordan Brown looked like a NFL All Pro. We had another lineman go down tonight but I think he will be okay. Can't afford to many more losses up front. We have already lost 2 starting linemen so far this year

No doubt tonight we seemed to just fo through the motions, very ho hum but Guhy was brutal on the Marshall's. He could not throw a deep ball accurately last year but he sure can this year. Guhy is somthing like 40-45 the last 2 games. Nice to see Mix have a big night and reciever and Jordan Brown looked like a NFL All Pro. We had another lineman go down tonight but I think he will be okay. Can't afford to many more losses up front. We have already lost 2 starting linemen so far this year

 

I know Hayden's out for the year. Is McAlpin expected to be back at some point this year?

We play Marshall Co. next week. Just wondering from the faithful fans at Mayfield, what they think of the Marshalls? What are they good at? What do they try to do on offense? How is their defense? And there win over Calloway Co., was it a good one or is Calloway not that good?

I know Hayden's out for the year. Is McAlpin expected to be back at some point this year?

Only injuries I saw were to #55 and #23. #55 looked ok later on and dont know about #23. Thats all the injuries I know of.

We play Marshall Co. next week. Just wondering from the faithful fans at Mayfield, what they think of the Marshalls? What are they good at? What do they try to do on offense? How is their defense? And there win over Calloway Co., was it a good one or is Calloway not that good?

 

They were fairly physical. They have a stud running back that is banged up right now. On their coaches show this morning Marshall Coach Barnard said he had 3 and possibly 4 starters that would be out next week but Im nit sure which 4 as I was listening passively. They are above average in my opinion and a much better run team than pass but they can and will pass a little. Defense is good against run but terrible against the pass as we hung 6 TD passes on them last night

TEAM STATISTICS

Marshall — First downs: 10.

Rushing attempts-yards: 27-131.

Passing-yards:2-7-0-15.

Total yards: 146

Penalties yards:2-10.

Fumbles-lost: 6-2.

 

Mayfield — First downs: 14.

Rushing attempts-yards: 38-179

Passing-yards:18-22-0-281

Total yards: 460..

Penalties-yards: 6-35.

Fumbles-lost: 0-0.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

Rushing — Marshall: Nichols 14-69, Allen

6-6, Cosner 2-(-1), Henry 5-16, Riley

1-16, Holbrook 7-68, Alkemeyer 3-5.

Mayfield: J. Jackson 10-45, Mills 1-5, Tyler 5-47,

Brown 1-(-5), Sherrill 1-20, Reed 6-27, Hernandez

2-6, Crumble 1-(-14).

 

 

Passing — Marshall: Allen 2-5-0-15, Nichols

0-2-0-0.

Mayfield: Guhy 18-21-0-281,

Reed 0-1-0-0.

Receiving — Marshall: Spicer 1-14, Holbrook

1-1.

Mayfield: Brown 5-88, Mix 6-42,

J. Jackson 1-57, Reed 1-6, D. Jackson 2-49,

Bacon 2-31, Sherrill 1-8.

I know Hayden's out for the year. Is McAlpin expected to be back at some point this year?

McAlpin is not out, Hayden is done for the year and another young man left on his own accord for other reasons (none of which are due to any negative issues on his or the teams part)

McAlpin is not out, Hayden is done for the year and another young man left on his own accord for other reasons (none of which are due to any negative issues on his or the teams part)

 

I got the good word from his grandfather that the young man that had left the team has returned to the team. (I hope that makes sense)

I got the good word from his grandfather that the young man that had left the team has returned to the team. (I hope that makes sense)

 

That is good news and what I had hoped would happen. Would be a shame for him to miss football under his circumstances

I got the good word from his grandfather that the young man that had left the team has returned to the team. (I hope that makes sense)

 

That's very good news to hear, hope the decision works out in his best intrest, I know it will be a boost for the football team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.