Where are Team Rosters anymore?

Qryche11

TB&G honestly some school don't have their roster updated on the KHSAA site and if you are the visitor in a game, why should the home team have to look up your roster and then print out your roster? Don't you think your school has some responsibility to give the information to the home team so the PA guys can announce your players names during the game?

Again, if a team's roster IS up to date on KHSAA why can't those that need the roster get it from there? What is the point of putting them on KHSAA if not so that those that need them have access?

Again, I'm not talking about teams that don't have them up to date.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, if a team's roster IS up to date on KHSAA why can't those that need the roster get it from there? What is the point of putting them on KHSAA if not so that those that need them have access?

I think the point is enough of them aren't accurate/up-to-date that it casts doubt upon everything on the site from a roster standpoint. I inform my local schools whenever I find discrepancies/inaccuracies in their rosters on the KHSAA/Riherd's site. They almost never get changed, even with the knowledge that the rosters are incorrect.

I think the point is enough of them aren't accurate/up-to-date that it casts doubt upon everything on the site from a roster standpoint. I inform my local schools whenever I find discrepancies/inaccuracies in their rosters on the KHSAA/Riherd's site. They almost never get changed, even with the knowledge that the rosters are incorrect.

I understand the point that many are not up to date. Those that aren't up to date will not have any freshmen listed. This still does not address why those that need rosters cannot get them for teams that DO have them up to date from the KHSAA link. If not, why am I wasting my time entering and uploading them?

So you want the home team to print out the rosters and then use them, not knowing if it's correct or not, instead of the visitors coming to the press box with a corrected up to date roster. So wants makes it so hard for the visitors to do this?

An example today was the roster that I copied and past from the KHSAA web page for Boone County had two number 10's

two number #45's #54 being #51 in the game and another number or two that were incorrect. BC however presented us with a up to date roster prior to kick off, so all was great!

And on Friday when we play Beechwood, I will give the Beechwood PA guy our roster to use! Pretty simple really!

We do that. My problem with the KHSAA rosters (at least from the scoreboard page) is they aren't in numerical order. Obviously they would work in a pinch, but numerical would work so much better. It would seem to me a common courtesy for the visiting team to bring rosters, even if no one used them.

I understand that, too. Why not appeal to KHSAA to have the roster appear in numerical order? Again, why are we entering the roster information if we are not expecting those that need rosters to get them from there?

I understand that, too. Why not appeal to KHSAA to have the roster appear in numerical order? Again, why are we entering the roster information if we are not expecting those that need rosters to get them from there?

If you're speaking from the coach's mindset, I don't think they're thinking about it that deeply beyond "it's something I have to do for the KHSAA." To many coaches, they'd just as soon not even make a roster available. Football coaches are weird like that in their excessive secrecy. It's why mistakes/discrepancies remain unchanged for weeks at a time, despite being notified about it. It's why Bardstown has a kid whose road jersey number is listed as "258" and why Bethlehem volleyball has multiple number discrepancies, including two different girls listed as wearing "1" on their jersey.

So you want the home team to print out the rosters and then use them, not knowing if it's correct or not, instead of the visitors coming to the press box with a corrected up to date roster. So wants makes it so hard for the visitors to do this?

An example today was the roster that I copied and past from the KHSAA web page for Boone County had two number 10's

two number #45's #54 being #51 in the game and another number or two that were incorrect. BC however presented us with a up to date roster prior to kick off, so all was great!

And on Friday when we play Beechwood, I will give the Beechwood PA guy our roster to use! Pretty simple really!

What makes it so hard for the home team, that did not have to travel, to print out an up to date roster off the KHSAA website? Pretty simple, really!

What makes it so hard for the home team, that did not have to travel, to print out an up to date roster off the KHSAA website? Pretty simple, really!

How is the home team going to know what's correct and incorrect on the road team's roster on the KHSAA site? Again, since coaches and ADs are not able to be trusted to provide the correct information, a current roster is a must. It seems they'd want to get it correct to avoid embarrassing confrontations with angry parents.

I'm a little confused as to what "we" want. Do we want the rosters on KHSAA to be up to date? If schools are STILL going to have to hand deliver rosters to those that need them, what does it matter if the KHSAA rosters are up to date or not, as no one is using them? No wonder so many of them are wrong.

I don't always have access to anything but what's on the KHSAA site, so I have no choice but to go with what's available and blame it on the coaches after the fact when parents call griping about getting Little Johnny's name wrong.

So it's so very, very hand to carry a couple pieces of paper to a game. :idunno: Really? Are you kidding me!

Oh and if there happens to be a member of the media attending the game and they ask for a roster from the visitors, your going to tell them to go see the home team for your roster?

I had to email Shawn Berner to get an updated roster for the Army Bowl because his KHSAA roster wasn't correct or up to date. He had no issues sending me one, but how can we be 100 percent sure the rosters on the KHSAA site are correct?

Easy answer, TB&G: We can't. I always try to get a roster from the school either at the game I'm covering or beforehand each week because I don't trust their roster to be accurate online.

However, if I know a roster is correct and up to date, I'll print some extra copies to give to whomever wants one at a game -- be it the PA guy or someone else.

KHSAA rosters are listed in BOTH alphabetical and numerical order.

The problem is you have to have a school sign in/password to access them. Your AD has the means to obtain them for you.

I (Brossart) always have a legal sized roster of our team's with (hopefully) up to date numbers, heights, weights, grades, and positions. I provide one to the PA announcer whether requested or not. We always carry 4-5 of them in case a newspaper or TV station is covering the game.

So it's so very, very hand to carry a couple pieces of paper to a game. :idunno: Really? Are you kidding me!

Oh and if there happens to be a member of the media attending the game and they ask for a roster from the visitors, your going to tell them to go see the home team for your roster?

What is the purpose of putting the rosters on KHSAA?