Madison Central 19 Mercer County 13 (2OT)

swamprat

Senior James Johnson had 175 yards rushing for Mercer. If he can stay healthy all season he should finish as one of the top 10 running backs in stats in the state. He can pile up big numbers fast regardless o the competition.

Sophomore Austin Sparrow is the starting quarterback in replace of JT Long and he went 6-13 I believe for 123 yards. The big play was the 65 yard td pass to Junior Russell Sims(Do work, Muscle!!!) that tied the game at 13 and eventually sent it to overtime.

Mercer had opportunities to win this game. At the end of regulation Mercer got an interception but didn't get the ball downfield fast enough to put themselves in a position to score. Madison Central got the ball first in OT and Mercer held them in 4 plays. Mercer then got to the 5 yard line and missed the game winning field goal. In Double overtime Mercer got the ball first and threw an interception after Sparrow took a long sack. Madison Central promptly scored a td to win the game.

Like other games last night I was really off on this pick. I thought Madison Central would roll and maybe not having Dominique Hawkins was a large part of that. Nonetheless Mercer went in to Madison Central a huge underdog and came away feeling like they gave this game away. It can only get better for the Titans if they keep playing this way and keep working everyday to get better.

Much respect earned by the Titans tonight despite taking an L.

After watching Madison Central play Boone Co. I thought the Indians would win pretty easily to Mercer. My score was WAY OFF. Hats off to Mercer on a hard fought game, but the Indians did win even though they should have been beaten.

That is the sentiment in Mercer County also.

The should have won part.