Ashland 42 Raceland 19

LRCW

The Rams keep it close for a half, but the Tomcats outscore them 21-0 in the 2nd half. I know Raceland had at least 4 turnovers in the 2nd half. Congrats to Ashland, and good luck to the Rams the rest of the year.

Take that Watusi!!!! :lol::lol:

The Rams played tough, but turnovers killed them. When they get the turnovers under control they will win a lot of games.

Congratulations to the Tomcats (but there is a lot of work to do).

18 penalties by the Tomcats.

It was kind of what I expected, actually a lot better than I expected, for the first half anyway. Turnovers killed them, especially in the third quarter, I know of at least four in that quarter alone. I didn't agree with taking a knee to close the half, I know why he did it, but I think it kind of set the tone for the second half, the Rams came out kind of flat. All in all, it's about what I expected, I figured the Rams could probably hang with the Cats for a half, although I was hoping it would've been a bit closer. It's the second game of the season, hopefully they can build on this and continue to improve. BTW, the Cats played a good game!!

Turnovers and penalties will kill a team fast and Raceland proved that. You can't have those kind of mental breakdowns and win against a quality team.

Line play was no disappointment. Two quality sets of linemen and that will carry both teams to many wins.

Quinton Baker was the star of the game. Not just on offense but really excelling on kick coverage. A lot of people around the state will learn his name over the next three or four years.

Congratulations to Ashland. They didn't slowdown after facing adversity.

The Rams keep it close for a half, but the Tomcats outscore them 21-0 in the 2nd half. I know Raceland had at least 4 turnovers in the 2nd half. Congrats to Ashland, and good luck to the Rams the rest of the year.

Take that Watusi!!!! :lol::lol:

:laugh: Thanks for calling me out. Don't forget I picked the Tomcats even though I was pulling for the Rams.

Turnovers and penalties will kill a team fast and Raceland proved that. You can't have those kind of mental breakdowns and win against a quality team.

Rams had six turnovers (four lost fumbles and two INT's.) Five of the six turnovers gave Ashland the ball inside Raceland's 30-yardline. hard to overcome that. Rams will get the turnover bug straightened out, and will be a solid team this year.

Edited by Ram