Nike EYBL Team to move to Kentucky

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been one of the worst EYBL teams each season, so changing things up makes some sense. Trying to poach all of the Louisville Magic roster is an interesting strategy...

Did De'Angelo Russell play for the Magic this AAU season?

They have been one of the worst EYBL teams each season, so changing things up makes some sense. Trying to poach all of the Louisville Magic roster is an interesting strategy...

All of AAU basketball seems to be poaching really, it seems like the name of the game in AAU. Don't know much about the specifics of the Louisville Magic other than who plays for them, but I'd imagine that it's nearly impossible not to poach a player unless they were playing on their first team. Can you poach a poacher?

Didn't know how poorly the previous team had been. Do you have a link to some of their past teams and results?

I saw that Louisville Magic is having tryouts soon for 14U-16U sometime soon. Providing lunch and everything. 5 hour tryouts if I am not mistaken. Looks like they are expanding. Does that mean Adidas is shelling out more money?

After how the 16U team steamrolled everyone this summer I'm sure Ellis isn't hurting on sponsorship cash...

So by him hosting tryouts now and expanding from 14U-17U aren't they going to be poaching from other AAU teams?

To an extent obviously he will be adding kids that played for someone else this year on the new teams. That said I haven't seen him openly stating in an interview that he will be targeting anyone specific like this article...

Cool. :thumb:

Didn't know if he still played with them or if his new Florida ties came into play.

I could see him joining Dakari Johnson, Joel Berry and Each 1 Teach 1 for EYBL if he does really want to experience it. That team is going to be one of the favorites next year...