9th Region Predictions

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzy Brannen graduated, too, but agree that NDA will be the team to beat. They have the coach, the star, a talented supporting cast, and good showings in post season play these past couple of years. IF Smith is able/willing to play then NDA will be very strong, indeed. NCC also strong team who does well post-season; what does new coach mean for them? Very high expectations for Conner, but you can't count out Ryle and Boone even after each have lost a D1 girl plus other key players. Highlands is on the up-swing, but they are still young and I just don't see them finishing on top this year.

Plenty of talented individuals in NKY, let's see who will make the most of it!

I wouldn't say HHS is young as a team. They have 6 seniors. 5 of them will be their top 7. 4 of them will probably start. Now the majority of the backups are freshman and sophomores, but I would add very talented young players. They only have two juniors in the program. And whoever said Schaeffer needs to work on her defense needs to see more HHS games! She can guard anyone on the floor and shut them down. Watched her do it to many good players last year. The 1 to the 5.

Not saying they will win it all because I question a few things with this team, but if they stay healthy and repair a few minor things, they can beat anyone on a given day.

Lizzy Brannen graduated, too, but agree that NDA will be the team to beat. They have the coach, the star, a talented supporting cast, and good showings in post season play these past couple of years. IF Smith is able/willing to play then NDA will be very strong, indeed. NCC also strong team who does well post-season; what does new coach mean for them? Very high expectations for Conner, but you can't count out Ryle and Boone even after each have lost a D1 girl plus other key players. Highlands is on the up-swing, but they are still young and I just don't see them finishing on top this year.

Plenty of talented individuals in NKY, let's see who will make the most of it!

I wouldn't say HHS is young as a team. They have 6 seniors. 5 of them will be their top 7. 4 of them will probably start. Now the majority of the backups are freshman and sophomores, but I would add very talented young players. They only have two juniors in the program. And whoever said Schaeffer needs to work on her defense needs to see more HHS games! She can guard anyone on the floor and shut them down. Watched her do it to many good players last year. The 1 to the 5.

Not saying they will win it all because I question a few things with this team, but if they stay healthy and repair a few minor things, they can beat anyone on a given day.

I do watch a lot of HHS Basketball and I'm not trying to knock the girl. She's a fabulous player. I just think to improve her game she could play better D. I enjoy watching her play and can't wait to see her play at the next level.

With her and Coach Stamm, I think they are in great position to win the 33rd District and be at the top of Region 9.

Win the 33rd District? Decent to good chance. Finish on the top of Region 9? Kind of seems like a long shot. Conner will be good, and will win a lot of games, however, I would be highly surprised to see them win the 9th.

Off course, sometimes long shots go in. We'll see...

I do watch a lot of HHS Basketball and I'm not trying to knock the girl. She's a fabulous player. I just think to improve her game she could play better D. I enjoy watching her play and can't wait to see her play at the next level.

I was talking to someone who watches the girl on a regular basis. The report I got is that the best part of her game is she can lock down a 1 and can lock down a 5.

Win the 33rd District? Decent to good chance. Finish on the top of Region 9? Kind of seems like a long shot. Conner will be good, and will win a lot of games, however, I would be highly surprised to see them win the 9th.

Off course, sometimes long shots go in. We'll see...

I wouldn't call Conner a long shot in the ninth. They are top 5 at least and to me that is not a long shot to win it.