September 27, 201214 yr Have you been doing all-inclusive for all of these places, or just looking for travel deals and snagging them up? (In the process of honeymoon planning and I'm open to suggestions.) All inclusive. It's the only way to go if you enjoy a few drinks on your vacation.
September 28, 201214 yr All inclusive. It's the only way to go if you enjoy a few drinks on your vacation. Gotcha. Couple questions: Which places in were the most inexpensive? Which places...in Mexico in particular...were the best bang for your buck?
September 28, 201214 yr What part of the Dominican Republic did you go to ? My wife and I vacationed in Punta Cana a few years ago and didn't care for it. We've been to Mexico a few times, the Dominican Republic and we just got back from Aruba last month. Aruba was really nice, Mexico is my favorite though. Depending on how things are looking in Mexico, we may try Jamaica next summer. I think the resort matters a lot in the Dominican. We've stayed in Punta Cana 3 times. Twice at an Occidental and once at Barcelo both were fantastic. All inclusive - airfare and all is $2500 or or so per couple.
September 28, 201214 yr I got married at Couples in Negril back in 2004. It was awesome and we chose the 20 min cropduster flight to Negril instead of the bus trip. That was pretty wild turning sideways on takeoff over the ocean. Great resort with excellent staff and the food was good also. Hedonism was right next door and my wife kept wondering why I kept wanting to take kayaks out every day. Lol Booze cruise was awesome, trip to Rick's for some cliff jumping and partying is also a must.
September 28, 201214 yr Gotcha. Couple questions: Which places in were the most inexpensive? Which places...in Mexico in particular...were the best bang for your buck? Not sure what your first question is... As for Mexico, we've stayed at the same resort each time. The RIU Palace Riviera Maya. Stayed there our first time and liked it enough not to really look into other resorts. It's a very impressive resort. It's not in Cancun. It's in Playa Del Carmen, about an hour away from the airport. Much more laid back town. We also stayed at the RIU Palace in Aruba. Very pleased with it. We stayed at Dreams in the Dominican Republic. It was very nice as well. As with anything else, you get what you pay for in a resort.
September 28, 201214 yr I think the resort matters a lot in the Dominican. We've stayed in Punta Cana 3 times. Twice at an Occidental and once at Barcelo both were fantastic. All inclusive - airfare and all is $2500 or or so per couple. We stayed at Dreams Punta Cana. We loved the resort, just didn't care for the area. About an hour and a half away from the airport I think. Kind of felt stuck there.
September 28, 201214 yr We went to ST. Lucia for our honeymoon and it was amazing. Stayed at Sandals Grand. All inclusive is the way to go! Be sure to pack sunblock because it's literally at least $40+ a tube there.
September 28, 201214 yr Honeymooned in Ocho Rios. Eden II. It was great, but a lot like home in a lot of ways. I wish we'd gone to Canada or taken a cruise.
October 1, 201214 yr We stayed at Dreams Punta Cana. We loved the resort, just didn't care for the area. About an hour and a half away from the airport I think. Kind of felt stuck there. I can definitely understand that. There's not much to do off the resorts.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.