Brian Ross of ABC Should Be Fired

bballfamily

Ross should be fired for his shoddy research and reporting on the shooting in Colorado this morning.

He found a man of with the same name as the shooter, but was about 52 years old, yet Ross wanted to use the guy as he was a member of the Tea Party. Now this incorrectly identified man is getting all sorts of e-mails and calls. Ross said he did not know if this was the right guy or not and later apologized, but I say that it's too late. If you were not sure, why did he name this guy? Other than you you have a liberal trying to trash the Tea Party. The real trash here is Ross and ABC if they do not fire hum.

Aurora Shooting: ABC's Brian Ross Incorrectly Suggests Tea Party Link (VIDEO)

"There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross said. "Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

LOL, cracks me up when people use the "liberal media" garbage all the time on everything!

The reporter was most likely trying to get a jump on the other reporters by reporting something first, without vetting the story. I am sure if this wrong guy was a Muslim that the reporter would have inserted Muslim in place of Tea Partier. This happens far too often in the 24/7 news era, just look at the news yesterday, it was on non-stop with no real new updates.

Not sure what should be done to the reporter, or what the networks policies are for not vetting stories before they air. But something should be done.

Don't agree that it would have been the same if it were a Muslim connection. Wasn't there some reluctance to identify the shooter's Muslim connection when the guy shot up the base in Texas a couple years back? I don't think there would have been such a rush if it were another group connection that could have been made.

What is the liberal media , of course anyone that does not spout the libertarian tea party line of propaganda and kiss up to the republicans . Right ?

The liberal media is who have double standards like Obama can do this but even if it's wrong then it is portrayed a a race issue.

Claim since gun massacre happened that if we didn't have right to own guns it wouldn't happen, what garbage. People get killed everyday.

Claim race card at every possible moment. Always claim a witch hunt, for example, Eric Holder

Wow the media tried to destroy Bush over drugs, but the 2 sided liberal news media don't mention the drugs Obama did for a long time, must be a race thing or it's of for their guy to do it since he is a liberal too.

What if Bushs preachers did what J. wright did, gosh what a field day they would have had.

ABC is running into a lot of problems with this story....

Holmes's mother suggests ABC News mischaracterized her statement - POLITICO.com

"This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter by ABC on July 20 about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time," Holmes said in a statement this afternoon, read to the national press by attorney Lisa Damiani. "He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself."