Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fairview 62 Ashland 53

Featured Replies

Indeed, it has returned to a draw. When Fairview entered the district, the seed matter had to be revisited. Blue Blazer's analysis above is how the vote came out. I would think that Fairview and Rose Hill would always stick together on keeping the district as a draw. On a rare occasion it may benefit one or the other to have a seed but nine out of ten years that will not be the case. Therefore, the draw should remain for both the boys and the girls.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like the draw it adds to the excitement leading up to district play.

I don't like it because you take the risk as a district of not sending the 2 best teams you have to the regional tournament. Just like in baseball the past 2 years when Boyd and Lawrence Co have drawn each other, when they were the 2 best teams both years. I think there has to be some reward for play during the regular season instead f just drawing whoever for the tournament.

Frances Bavier, I agree with you that rankings may be different when tournament time rolls around and I also realize that that is a major theme for you Blazer supporters. However, it is now January 7, 2006 and all we have are the facts as they stand on this date. A lot can happen or not happen between now and district tournament time. That is completely speculative. However, what we have today is fact.

 

Odd developments occur in basketball. For instance, my good "cousins" at Covington Catholic probably wouldn't beat your team by 50 plus again. Nonetheless, they did so at one time. That is fact. My prediction that it wouldn't happen again is merely speculation. It is also fact that my Mustangs won your A.I.T. Could they win it again in March? Who knows and, in reality, it doesn't matter. All that you can do now is to see how some of my other "cousins" at Lexington Catholic handle or don't handle your team later today. However that game turns out will be fact. What might happen in the future, like district tournament time, is really just wishful thinking at this time. Who was it that said that hope springs eternal. Sadly, hope often evaporates.

Then, using your argument, kinglion, we should seed the state tournament. Why should we run the risk of regions 6, 7, 9, and 11 being in one bracket and regions 14, 15, and 16 in another bracket?

I don't like it because you take the risk as a district of not sending the 2 best teams you have to the regional tournament. Just like in baseball the past 2 years when Boyd and Lawrence Co have drawn each other, when they were the 2 best teams both years. I think there has to be some reward for play during the regular season instead f just drawing whoever for the tournament.

What do I know I'm just a 63rd District guy we draw for EVERYTHING!

:laugh:

I totally agree SB, the best method should be used to get the best team

If the 64th seeds, it still won't mean much this year - 3 of the 4 can win it. Truth to tell, I don't even remember if the 64th seeds or draws. I've been gone too long.

 

Frances

 

I have to agree. Boyd, Fairview, and Rose Hill all have legitimate shots to win. If Ashland can continue their improvement you would have to also include them in the mix.

I have to agree. Boyd, Fairview, and Rose Hill all have legitimate shots to win. If Ashland can continue their improvement you would have to also include them in the mix.

 

I just hope that Ashland can stay on the floor with Rose Hill when they meet. Perhaps you'd like to take a page from AT41's playbook, and guarantee a victory?

 

Frances

Frances Bavier, I agree with you that rankings may be different when tournament time rolls around and I also realize that that is a major theme for you Blazer supporters. However, it is now January 7, 2006 and all we have are the facts as they stand on this date. A lot can happen or not happen between now and district tournament time. That is completely speculative. However, what we have today is fact.

 

Odd developments occur in basketball. For instance, my good "cousins" at Covington Catholic probably wouldn't beat your team by 50 plus again. Nonetheless, they did so at one time. That is fact. My prediction that it wouldn't happen again is merely speculation. It is also fact that my Mustangs won your A.I.T. Could they win it again in March? Who knows and, in reality, it doesn't matter. All that you can do now is to see how some of my other "cousins" at Lexington Catholic handle or don't handle your team later today. However that game turns out will be fact. What might happen in the future, like district tournament time, is really just wishful thinking at this time. Who was it that said that hope springs eternal. Sadly, hope often evaporates.

 

Nice ramble, StThomasMore -

 

I guess your eyes couldn't focus on the very first line of my post -

I would say that based on their district records, it does.

 

I admire the way every good team in the state is related to you. I'm sure they're quite proud of the "family", even if some are unaware of it.

 

Frances

I just hope that Ashland can stay on the floor with Rose Hill when they meet. Perhaps you'd like to take a page from AT41's playbook, and guarantee a victory?

 

Frances

 

I agree. if you want to act like Rose Hill is better then Ashland, you ought to back it up. :D

I just hope that Ashland can stay on the floor with Rose Hill when they meet. Perhaps you'd like to take a page from AT41's playbook, and guarantee a victory?

 

Frances

 

Not quite that stupid! :D By the way, have you heard from Bluegrass Preps version of Joe Namath?

 

Since they are not scheduled to play in the regular season the only way they will meet is if Rose Hill draws Ashland in the district. I would say that Ashland could hang, afterall they are a regional contender and Rose Hill is just ..........................Rose Hill.

 

Frances, I have a sincere question. Why did Ashland schedule both Cov. Cath. and Lex. Cath? Ashland has been very open about their support of Prop 20. It just seems a little odd that they would schedule Lexington Catholic given the fact that they are probably the most contraversial of the private schools in the state. Not to mention Bishop Brossart was in the AIT. Is it me or is this scheduling kinda odd?

Not quite that stupid! :D

 

So, I guess we can consider that just blowing smoke?

I agree. if you want to act like Rose Hill is better then Ashland, you ought to back it up. :D

 

I misunderstood Frances' post. She said that 3 of 4 were contenders. I made the wrong assumption on who the 3 were. Ashland and Rose Hill played Fairview to similar scores and neither have a win over a real good opponent.

 

Ask Fairvew if they think Ashland is better than Rose Hill. The response might suprise you.

I misunderstood Frances' post. She said that 3 of 4 were contenders. I made the wrong assumption on who the 3 were. Ashland and Rose Hill played Fairview to similar scores and neither have a win over a real good opponent.

 

Ask Fairvew if they think Ashland is better than Rose Hill. The response might suprise you.

 

Fairview isn't on here running their mouths. If you want to act like Rose Hill is redy for the bigtime, back it up.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.